Rebecca Black | Page 142 | The Popjustice Forum

Rebecca Black

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Hitori, Mar 13, 2008.

1. The whole thing is so chaotic! But oddly I don’t hate it?

2. Honestly I need more Freedia produced by Dylan Brady

3. Rage comics sahagdhfkshavs

This is legendary... but then again so is the original version.

Glitterizer and Mvnl like this.
  4. I hate how much use I’m going to get out of this remix.

digitalkaiser and lushLuck like this.
  5. Giving this the 100 gecs treatment is kinda genius. No one needs a 3OH!3 comeback though.

6. Okay but these kinda slap teebs

7. I know I'm mentally unwell cause I think this slaps.

8. You’re not the only one dear. I took about five breaks during my workday just to bop along to the video.

9. The way this has come as the culmination of a hard earned, decade long redemption arc, capturing the perfect intersection of nostalgia and meme-ability and establishing Friday as the hyperpop masterpiece it was always destined to be. Avant-garde pop auteur Rebecca Black was ahead of her time and playing the long game.

10. I enjoyed this mini interview. She seems like an intelligent and self aware young woman.

11. The new remix bangs. Original was a banger too but y'all still aren't ready for that conversation.

12. Ok but she needs to release a hyper pop/PC music album, I'm ready to lowkey stan if she pulls something out her bag.
    [​IMG]

13. Fucking bop!

14. I just love that she’s fully embracing the PC Music community and aesthetic right now, even if it’s just for this remix. It makes too much sense to not be happening.

Also the final scene of the video with her flying over the city in her car with that stock footage of people from the ground watching in awe kills me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  15. How in the hell have I only just now heard “Girlfriend?” What a wonderfully sunny bop.

16. Bit of a serve (though the instrumental did feel way too quiet).

17. Nice to see Bob the Drag Queens purse first impressions wig still getting work.

junglefish likes this.
  18. New single "Personal" out Friday.

clowezra, TRAVVV and Crisp X like this.
  19. Rebecca going in a hyperpop direction is such a smart choice, if you had told me in 2011 that this would be her future path... Anyway, the Charli influences are quite strong so of course I love it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.