Relationships | Page 370 | The Popjustice Forum

Relationships

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itty Bitty Piggy, May 1, 2016.

1. I guess you are right, but at the same time I entered the mindset of being extremely bitter about it really a 'I should deserve good things', I am aware it is a toxic attitude, but I can't snap out of it.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  2. If you ever get to the point of not particularly caring one way or another, it's oddly freeing. This might hurt to hear, but most people don't find love unfortunately. Instead of being crushed by that, you kind of come to terms with it and realize that's OK. Your heart is always open to potentials, of course. I don't think it's right to shut yourself down completely. But your worth as a person has nothing to do with another, and a life without love can be (and often is) completely fulfilling. Find the infinite joy in this universe that isn't tied to this heartbreaking concept of "romantic love."

If it happens, it happens! I swear I'm not trying to be a downer, and there is every possibility you'll find something true and lasting. I guess my point is that you are an interesting, intelligent individual -- and nothing should make you bitter and forget that simple truth. The last thing you'd want to do is find yourself on your deathbed still pining for something that never happened though, when happiness is so much more than finding a partner.*

*Or maybe that's just me.

dodoriazarbon and He like this.
  3. C’mon last minute Valentines card deliveries. I hope it’s delivered in time.

MadameX likes this.
  4. LTG

LTG

Me: ergh I hate people who leave things to the last minute, you can't rely on next day delivery.

Also me: Orders 5 mins before the next day delivery deadline needing it tomorrow.

Remorque and Sam de Jour like this.
  5. It's been a while since I've seen a profile where the guy clearly has massive issues.

Attached Files:

Seger, Sam de Jour and ssa like this.
  6. Ddddd literally. Tbf ive had a lot going on. I was only reminded cause I got an envelope in the post that said “do not open before 14th feb” and I was like fuuuuuck

LTG likes this.
  7. He

He

Thank you for this. I constantly try to remind myself of it, because I feel it's really important to strive for feeling this.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  8. I hate the whole "Valentines Day" situation. It's literally just another ordinary day, a way for companies and shops to make money and a reminder to those who are single that they are single. I mean why celebrate a day celebrating that you love one another when you should love one another any other day??

9. Yeah Valentines is a load of shit but it’s the first one in my life where I’m not single so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lander, Jacques, Kuhleezi and 14 others like this.
  10. He

He

I'm happy I haven't seen even one advert. But yeah, do stuff with your loved ones and spend money -best if on local businesses and not corporations!-. Chocolate is also nice.

Maybe I'll get myself a D appointment.

Terminus, nikkysan and Island like this.
  11. About the age thing: I've been with my boyfriend for three years now and I'm ten years his senior. I was never looking for love at the time (in fact, I was quite out there if you know what I mean), but it just hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. Now we're living together, learning from each other and enjoying our time together. It does help however that he's 23 with the mental age of a middle-aged woman and I'm 33 with that of an adolescent, seaux...

The best ones.

I don't really do Valentine's, but the fact my boyfriend spent about €2,50 on balloons melted my ice cold heart on a hungover Monday where I couldn't really deal with people.

Jacques, Kuhleezi, popBrit and 2 others like this.
  12. Valentines Day is too hetero but y'know if I wasn't single, you bet I'd want a romantic night on that special day.

13. I met my partner on a Sunday and we said 'let's meet Wednesday' and when that came it was Valentine's Day, so it's our 17th anniversary today.

14. The card he got me has a Theresa May meme on it (I'd run through a field of wheat with you) and inside it says "I wish we could be together"

[​IMG]

15. LTG

LTG

16. he’s 300 MILES AWAY AND I WONT SEE HIM UNTIL THE 23RD brb crying

17. K94

K94

that's a week and a bit xx

18. He’s been gone since January 19th xxx

K94 likes this.
  19. [​IMG]

Meanwhile I don't know what to message my ex-who-confessed-his-love-to-me so I'm just going to send him pictures of Denise Richard's death from the horror movie Valentine (2001) instead as that used to be a joke of ours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.