Relationships | Page 532 | The Popjustice Forum

Relationships

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itty Bitty Piggy, May 1, 2016.

1. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation @HolyWater.

I've gone through phases in my relationship where things haven't felt right but I worked at it and things improved. And what got me through it was the feeling of I didn't want it to be over. Do you have that feeling?

If you have that feeling then my advice would be for you to work at it. Talk to your partner about how you're feeling and see if there is a way forward.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Txetxu and baxterclan like this.
  2. Hi @HolyWater, sorry to hear about your situation as well. I agree that having a frank conversation about how you're feeling sounds like a good idea. Just try to imagine the conversation from his point of view first, and have a think about how to approach it and what words to use. And take it from there.

Don't obsess over the other details at this point in time (his parents, your shared friends or your living situation etc), you need to deal with your feelings and be honest about them first and foremost. Just take your time and don't jump on any conclusions just yet. Best of luck!

3. Thank you very much. I appreciate the advice.

4. Why is it so difficult to find someone hot and worth your time

[​IMG]

5. Today I celebrate one whole year of being single. And quite honestly it's been the best year of my life.

6. I'm just going to echo what everyone else has been saying, speak to him, let him know how you're feeling and see if you still want to end the relationship.

Maybe even consider couples counseling.

Chris Lala likes this.
  7. Hi.

Holly Something and Shockbox like this.
  8. I feel embarrassed even typing it, but I need your advice. I'm 32 and I guess I should have this all figured out, but here we go. I almost feel like there's something wrong with me.
    Anyway. There's this guy where I work (same building, different departments) and I think I'm slowly growing fond of him. Nothing serious, just some casual chit-chat, but it's incredibly lovely. The problem is I don't know if he's gay. I have terrible gaydar so even though I think he might be, I'm probably wrong. Now what do I do? I don't have ANY experience in this. I don't even date (haven't been on a date since 2013...), but talking to him makes me question certain things and it feels good. Is asking him the question the right way to go about it? I don't want to make it awkward and this may result in a whole lot of awkwardness. Besides, he's 24 and the last thing I'd want to do is make him feel like uncomfortable.
    Maybe I should just ask him out and get him drunk?

9. My boyfriend just got laid off today. I don’t wanna freak out because I wanna be supportive while he’s going through this hard time.

But I’m worried he’s going to have to leave DC to find work in his field (retail). He has a solid severance package so we should be fine while he looks for work.

We just moved in together and started being happy after such a tumultuous journey to get to this point.

Why does life have to be a cunt and fuck shit up when life was just becoming good. I knew shit was too good to be true.

“:(“

10. That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully he can find something near. He's lucky he'll have you to lean on if/when the job hunt gets stressful.

londonrain and TheDangerZone like this.
  11. I'm sorry boo :/

londonrain, Floppie and TheDangerZone like this.
  12. Thanks hennies <3

Floppie likes this.
  13. I can feel that. I'd try to find his instagram (maybe you could ask him for it; it's not that deep so no reason for him to get freaked out if he's indeed straight) and see where things go from there.

14. I’m my life I haven’t witnessed a long term relationship that hasn’t ended in infidelity or extreme acrimony.

I’m starting to get to a point where I don’t want an open relationship but I also don’t think I believe in monogamy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  15. I'm a girl and I recently handed my phone number to the guy I'd been crushing on for a couple of months. He turned me down but he thanked me for doing it and I'm glad I tried! I barely know the guy, but that's pretty much the whole point of asking someone out. We've known OF each other for about a year and our paths cross a few times a month. It wasn't until I started to feel weird around him that I gave any thought to how nice he seems! I thought it was possible he was into me as well, but was also aware it could've been my imagination, which it clearly was. Oh well.

16. Keep your chin up, some relationships end up in death. x

17. Thankfully my relationship is in a better place now.

I don’t really want to go into specifics, it wasn’t infidelity or anything but shit happens and it’s made us realise that there were problems in our marriage that we hadn’t noticed. So hopefully the drama of the last few weeks will lead to a better marriage in the end.

18. Did you buy him a watch?

pls dont ban me @Solenciennes

Sam likes this.
  19. Come through maturity in the Relationships thread.

20. @Solenciennes You're better off, I'm glad that he's about to be banned

[​IMG]

munro and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.