Religious Discussion - Is Nathan Moore the Devil? | The Popjustice Forum

Religious Discussion - Is Nathan Moore the Devil?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sifr, Jun 23, 2006.

1. After taping Sugar Rush last night, I inadvertently saw a few minutes of Boys Will Be Girls. We've had this out on a whole other thread before, but I'd only seen promos so I couldn't comment that much, save on the general pointlessness of the whole thing but...

Fuck. He's evil. Truly. The way he toys with these poor guys desperate to get back into planet pop somehow. I mean, is this whole sadistic management thing - is that his trademark? Does he find that being an evil cocksucker who plays with people's careers (and their lives - I believe taking three grown men, sticking them into an anodyne house with strict curfews and telling them they can have no visitors and are not allowed to even drink, like the goddamn grown-up people they are - isn't that more than a little off the top of the fucking creepy chart?!?) is working out for him as a lifestyle choice?

He slides around with his pre-packaged designer stubble and wankboy bluetooth headgear and actually thinks he's somebody who commands respect, and the way to attain it is through a neverending litany of public humiliation and embarrassment and by (quite frankly) preying on people? In the words of Bill Hicks, this doesn't make your blood fucking curdle?

Quite honestly, it makes me both angry and terrified people like him (but especially him) seem to earn a living and that no-one is able to just go over and say "Stop. Enough". Preferably with a bullet.

(And don't even get me started on Satan's Little Helper, who actually looks like a frigging movie henchman with his nose ring and little evil fucking beard and his toady "yes, master" attitude.)

Am I off-base? Is it just me? Or has someone given Lucifer a contract to appear on TV in pop-related shows where he ruins peoples lives? More importantly, how do we stop it???

2. According to some trashy novel I found in an airport once, the devil wears Prada. Given his career lows outweigh the highs a hundred to one, I doubt Nathan can afford Prada, ergo, he's not the devil.

I saw a couple of editions of the show you're talking about and I found it distasteful, menacing and mocking. While Nathan Moore is undoubtedly an unpleasant individual with as much tact, diplomacy and intelligence as a twenty inch dildo wired up to the mains, I'd place the blame with Ch 4 for giving the oiled-up charisma vacuum airtime. It was a show that needn't and shouldn't have been commissioned or, indeed, made at all.

3. He's got one of those faces that you just want to slap with a hot iron or something.

4. I know what you mean, dear. Much like Madonna's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.