Remixes | The Popjustice Forum

Remixes

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Iggypig, May 25, 2012.

1. So, I've been really getting into remixes over the past few months and just wanted to see if someone could help clear something up.

What is the difference between all the different types of remix?

Club mix, Dub mix, Vocal Mix, Beats, Mixshow etc?

I understand the Edit is a shortened version of the main full length mix, but what is the difference between all the various types?

Cheers

2. Rmx

Rmx

I don't think it's very defined. I just googled it and apparently dub is a genre that removes the vocals from a song and emphasizes the drum and bass of a song. However, I've got dub mixes on my iTunes that still have the vocals so I don't really know! I've even got mixes that are called 'dub club mix' haha. They all have sort of the same style though, like, you wouldn't hear a trance remix called a 'dub mix' I think. 'Club mix' is probably just the interpretation of the DJ / mixer, that he thinks it's suitable for a club. Especially on a 10 track single or remix EP, it might be convenient to have the mix stand out that DJs in clubs are most likely to pick.

As you can tell I'm by no means an expert, I've never looked into it.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Dubs are usually almost instrumental. Many singles have a club and dub mix that are almost identical but with the dub mix removing most lyrics.
    Those are easier for mixing, or for clubs that feel to cool to play a recognizable version of a hit.
    I think vocal mix and club mix can be interchangable, the vocal mix is pretty much the opposite of a dub one, including vocals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.