Reply All Podcast: The Case of the Missing Hit | The Popjustice Forum

Reply All Podcast: The Case of the Missing Hit

Discussion in 'The Internet' started by Burzum, Apr 12, 2020.

1. I was not familiar with the Reply All podcast until someone suggested this episode to me, but I was immediately intrigued and entertained throughout.

"A man in California is haunted by the memory of a pop song from his youth. He can remember the lyrics and the melody. But the song itself has vanished, completely scrubbed from the internet. PJ takes on the Super Tech Support case."

PJ books a studio and gathers a band, and with guidance from the California man, they re-create the song from his memory of hearing it on the radio 20 years ago. Then they go looking for people that might have heard the song.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/o2h8bx/158-the-case-of-the-missing-hit

SloMover and fistcity like this.
  2. Love Reply All

Burzum likes this.
  3. Listening to this after it had been sitting in my podcast library for a few weeks and this is absolutely fascinating.

Remorque, Burzum and Bookwormboy like this.
  4. Oh this sounds interesting, will give it a listen.

I'm similarly haunted by a song I heard in 2006. Well, except I can't remember any of the lyrics or the melody!! I heard it on the radio at work, wrote some of the lyrics on some cardboard, put it in my pocket.. then went to the pub and somehow lost it.

I just remember that it was early 90s sounding, a bit like Londonbeat.. and I was surprised that I'd never heard the song before. I've probably actually discovered the song by now but because I don't remember anything else about the song I will never know what it was. WHICH WILL STILL HAUNT ME FOREVER.

Burzum likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.