I still don't like her that much BUT after watching how uptight and dour the Beverly Hills women are, I certainly have more of an appreciation for Sonjarita.
Having now finally completed all thirteen seasons, I feel overjoyed at the prospect of joining in on the conversation that has dominated hundreds and hundreds of pages of this thread, namely which permutation and combination of women would be most pleasing to the Popjustice Movement (™ Elyse Slaine) for season 14. (In my view - bring back Dorinda, bring in Bershan or someone else new, and if we can't have both Bethenny and Jill in the same cast, then at least one of them will do).
I am hopeful the show never reaches a nadir lower than the Black Shabbat episodes of Season 13, some of the most unpleasant minutes I have ever spent watching a TV, rivalled only perhaps by the way Aviva's father spoke about what he would do at Ramona's funeral. The attempt once again to showcase a conversation about race and Blackness was so ill-conceived, given that the players at hand were barely able to offer much that you wouldn't otherwise see in a thread of boomer Facebook comments. Add in an (un)healthy helping of Zionism and a Facetime connection fiasco, and it topped the Bridie/Birdie scene for cringeworthiness a hundred times over.
I'm sure no one needs reminding of any of these highlights as none are particularly deep cuts, but some of my favourite moments of the show included:
- Alex coming down the stairs in Morocco like a "buffalo";
- Kelly unable to open the glass door on the yacht on her way to La La Land with cartwheels;
- "Clip! Clip! Clip! Clip! You fool.";
- "What do you think, you're John Grisham? What do you - what, what do you think, you're Stephen King?";
- Sonja stomping on the mirror at Ramona's birthday;
- Tinsley and Dale crying hysterically while Facetiming with Tinsley's frozen eggs (?!?);
- "How could you do this to me. Question mark.";
- American Crime Story: The Verbal Assassination of Bethenny Frankel on The Brooklyn Bridge;
- Ramona's giggle after Luann fell into the bushes; and
- Every Bluestone Manor episode - no series is more anticipated in my household than RHUGT #2!
Who are your favourite Housewives?
Hmmmm why don't we do a live-posting of an episode, girls? I'm thinking season 7 - Double Down on Delusion a.k.a. the Atlantic City trip?