RHONY: Legacy

Her statement is a whole lot of nothing. Why go on a reality show famed for wives drinking and being messy... and then complain about being in an environment where drinking is encouraged.
…not to mention she is suing them because they didn’t hire her for the reboot! So after her two seasons and UGT were so terrible for her, she still wants to work with them?

Very strange.

…not to mention she is suing them because they didn’t hire her for the reboot! So after her two seasons and UGT were so terrible for her, she still wants to work with them?

Very strange.
I haven't been able to find any mention of being unhappy about her exclusion from the reboot in either of the Page Six articles or the Vanity Fair article.

I do question why she would sign up for season 12 if her sobriety was so new and so fragile, then return another 2 times for season 13 and UGT. Like if it was that traumatic why would she just choose not to return and focus on her health? I presume she doesn't need the money.

I think the issues I have with the whole Reality Reckoning movement are, 1. How do you not know what you're signing up for at this point in the reality show landscape? We've had this genre now for decades and a degree of cringe and humiliation are inherent parts of it.
2. Bethenny and Leah are women of extreme privilege, which makes it hard to fully sympathize with them or expend energy backing their "cause." Especially given the current climate of the world.
3. They fully participated in the humiliation and exploitation of others. ESPECIALLY Bethenny. And I say this as a Skinnygirl stan. They both clearly relished the attention and fame. Fame obviously comes with consequences. We all know this.

They are both so "public" about these issues that they are arguing are personal. They want to advertise and literally "market" these lawsuits; perpetuating a narrative they are trying to portray themselves as arguing against.

Essentially, it's frustrating at best and laughable at worst.

Not a certain new RHONY cast-member who thought she was above being on the show liking Leah’s post.

It seems evident that the one’s calling out “issues” are the ones who have simply come across poorly. Leah’s entire lawsuit is about feeling pressured to drink. OK - then leave! It’s a reality show. There is drinking involved. You sign up and are free to do what you want, and if it’s not conducive with what you’d like to portray, the door is there. The whole reckoning movement, for the most part, seems like nothing more than a cash grab by reality stars too narcissistic to see that the problem simply boils down to them.

The only person responsible for Leah breaking her sobriety is herself. Don’t they teach that in AA, girl.

A show about swans (!) trying to ascend the New York social ladder, humiliating themselves in the process, each becoming more deranged along the way isn't a concept that fits neatly around everyone, including some viewers. Not even Truman Capote could write about Ramona, Luann, Dorinda, Tinsley, Bethenny, and Aviva. Leah maybe thought she was strong enough to change that format, bend the whole show to her perspective (like Eboni for her different reasons), but ultimately I don't think they can ever win when viewers want to watch that show, because we love it so much that if it changes too much, fans take it personally. Bethenny's biggest mistake, I hate to say it, is that she can't get the audience onside. Without us, Bravo and Bethenny have no power. Are we being selfish? Overlooking horrible treatment in the name of entertainment? Probably. But I don't think Leah will win even if she has the sympathy of fans, because outside the courtroom, this is a battle for Bravo's reputation. My advice? Get a judge, not a jury!

Last edited:
He/They
Leah to Andy CokeDen when there's a more popular Housewife joining her on WWHL
a9942783018ef844eefae22584411524.gif

She/her
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/enter...sweeney-lawsuit-andy-cohen-bravo/72771728007/

McSweeney alleges that Cohen and the other parties fostered a "rotted workplace culture" where employees were encouraged to drink alcohol and created an unsafe working environment that did not accommodate her disabilities, including alcohol use disorder and "various mental health disorders."
McSweeney claims she confided in producers about her condition, and that they used the information against her to find "potential scenarios that might trigger her to relapse" or aggravate her mental health disabilities.
The "RHONY" producers "pressured" McSweeney to drink, supplied her with "unlimited, free-of-charge" alcohol, and encouraged other cast members to drink, she claims.
She says she relapsed shortly after Season 12 began, which came to a head in an "infamous" episode of "RHONY" titled "Hurricane Leah."
Later, McSweeney claims Cohen "engages in cocaine use with Housewives and other 'Bravolebrities' that he employs," and promotes a workplace culture that thrives on "drug and alcohol abuse."

"Cohen's proclivity for cocaine usage with his employees is well-known throughout the Real Housewives franchise," the lawsuit alleges, and he favors cast members that "play ball" and "tends to provide the Housewives with whom he uses cocaine with more favorable treatment and edits."

I know some (myself included) don’t like Brandi and Leah but we know Andy does stuff that is insanely inappropriate with talent that works for him. The cocaine rumors have been around for years and we can easily guess what NYC housewives Leah is referring to (Dorinda and Luann).

What job allows a boss to do cocaine and even joke about having sex with their employees? It’s crazy seeing Brandi and Leah get trashed on the internet and people are overlooking the Andy specific things. He is EP for the housewives franchise and is involved in casting. He 100% should be held to a higher standard.

What job allows a boss to do cocaine and even joke about having sex with their employees?

This basically describes the media industry in London.

But I just genuinely don't find it that shocking? The lawsuit basically states co-workers get drunk and party together, and sometimes the boss has been involved. Said boss tends to favour the ones he's got more of a friendship with. Am I missing something that Leah's accusing that is genuinely worthy of a lawsuit? She just seems disgruntled.

But this is purely Leah's claims, not talking about Brandi's.

But I just genuinely don't find it that shocking? The lawsuit basically states co-workers get drunk and party together, and sometimes the boss has been involved. Said boss tends to favour the ones he's got more of a friendship with. Am I missing something that Leah's accusing that is genuinely worthy of a lawsuit? She just seems disgruntled.

When you describe it like that, that's basically how a lot of "professional" workplaces are. I'm not shocked about any of the allegations directed towards Andy because it's been rumoured and talked about for years.

I guess the difference here is that any workplace politics/drama etc that happens off-camera does have an impact on their roles on-camera. But of course, off-camera drama and breaking the 4th wall is what we as fans love to eat up.

But this is purely Leah's claims, not talking about Brandi's.
In America, if you can provide proof of either Andy doing cocaine with coworkers like Leah alleges or making the sexual comments with Brandi, it’s basically a guaranteed pay day. The other stuff Leah is alleging can go either way, but *Andy* wouldn’t have a job.

I know some (myself included) don’t like Brandi and Leah but we know Andy does stuff that is insanely inappropriate with talent that works for him. The cocaine rumors have been around for years and we can easily guess what NYC housewives Leah is referring to (Dorinda and Luann).

What job allows a boss to do cocaine and even joke about having sex with their employees? It’s crazy seeing Brandi and Leah get trashed on the internet and people are overlooking the Andy specific things. He is EP for the housewives franchise and is involved in casting. He 100% should be held to a higher standard.
I actually agree with this. Like I'm not surprised and I get that this stuff happens in other workplaces, but that doesn't make it ok. His behavior is fundamentally inappropriate and, from my understanding, illegal. It's a workers' rights issue, even if Leah, Brandi, Bethenny, etc. are opportunistic.