Ricky Martin - Play EP + General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Ricky Martin - Play EP + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cluelessboy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Does anyone else remember the Ricky Martin 'audience with' where Kylie performs Livin' La Vida Loca with him? Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-r6r0N94M

Keep an eye out for Noel and Kym living up their Hear'say success...

2. Private Emotion feat. Meja and Nobody Wants To Be Lonely feat. Christina Aguilera.

Perfect.

RIP.

3. And the one with Madonna!

4. The intro to The Killers' "Mr Brightside" is a blatant rip-off of "Private Emotion".

He does do some great ballads - I also love "She's All I Ever Had".

5. Amen

and RAmen. I wonder why She's All I Ever Had din't come out in the UK. I'm sure it was added to The Box. About the same time NSYNC's I Drive Myself Crazy, and that didn't come out either.

6. Yess.. awesome, i think Private Emotion was his best song though

7. If you like his english ballads, you should definately check out his spanish albums, especially Almas Del Silencio. She's All I Ever Had, Private Emotion etc. are nothing compared to ballads from those albums.

8. !GiveIt2Me!

!GiveIt2Me! Guest

Ricky Martin has become a father for the first time - and through a surrogate mother.

The 36-year-old Latin-American singer, whose real name is Enrique Martín Morales, released a statement earlier today confirming he is the father of twin baby boys "delivered via gestational surrogacy" some weeks ago.

"Ricky Martin became a proud father by the birth of twin sons," the statement read. "The children, delivered via gestational surrogacy, are healthy and already under Ricky's full-time care."

Nothing is known of the twins' mother or the names of the singer's new sons. The statement, released on Martin's official website, went on to say: "Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children."

Martin funds his own children's charity, the Ricky Martin Foundation, and is the Goodwill Ambassador to Unicef.

9. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Re: Nobody noticed Ricky Martin had babies?

His career is basically in the dumper, so why is he still trying to maintain a facade?!

10. Re: Nobody noticed Ricky Martin had babies?

I read about it, but really I don't think anybody cares about Ricky anymore.

11. He's spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight?

So what's his excuse for being out of the spotlight for the last few years?

12. http://ad.vu/2y7x

"Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008."

Not that I was ever a huge fan, it's just a shame that he didn't have the guts to admit the bleedin obvious to the rest of the world a decade ago when he actually produced music. What's he actually up to these days, asides from raising twins?

13. 3Xs

3Xs

Annnnnd let three pages of sarcastic "I'm shocked" comments begin!

14. And how is this "breaking news"?

15. I didn't see this one coming!

16. I don't think anybody will care anyway. It was never an important aspect of his public persona. Then again his music was never an important aspect of anything. He just seemed to thrust his hips and sing shit songs.

17. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

It really is some of the least surprising news ever but I never thought he'd properly come out and say it, so good on him.

18. "Nobody Wants To Be Lonely" is amazing!

19. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I agree, that song justifies his entire career.

"TIME IS PRECIOUS AND IT'S SLIPPING AWAY!!"

20. *DIES*

Im so proud of my future husband haha! I am serioUSly beaming right now! LOCE HIM!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.