Ricky Martin - Play EP + General Discussion | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Ricky Martin - Play EP + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cluelessboy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. By the way, this song is HUGE in South America. It's pretty much the song of the summer in the southern hemisphere minus Australia/NZ obviously, but maybe Delta can change that.

Leopold likes this.
  2. The music video is nicely inclusive.

3. King of counting in Spanish, doing passitos and uniting the southern hemisphere through tropical song.

Deleted member 22552 likes this.
  4. Aw, everyone got a girl except Ricky. I feel bad for him.

5. I have to break it to you - I don't think Ricardo wanted a girl. All those lingering shots of buff male models are implied implicit freely available buss fare for the King of Un Dos Tres.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  6. Yes, that's what I said. Only with sarcasm.

7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

How does everyone feel about Ricky's new single with Wisin & Yandel?

It's an enjoyable bop but I'm not sure it matches Vente Pa' Ca. It's doing pretty well in Spanish-speaking countries, though.

Gay Times featured him on the cover of their current issue (billing the feature as an European LGBT exclusive) and had a whole piece focusing on his American Crime Story appearance and Fiebre, but for some reason all the photos seem to be taken from the shoot for his 2015 album A Quien Quiera Escuchar.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Then Attitude also featured him on their cover... in the same month, talking about the same things, with new photos. (It's technically their May issue but it came out a couple of weeks ago because that's how dates work, apparently.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

blaze_dave, LPT, Noir and 1 other person like this.
  8. I'm not very keen on the single, but what really bothers me about it is that in the video he's still including those brief moments of faux heterosexuality like almost kissing a female dancer and stuff. Meh.

I really liked Ricky portraying a gay character on American Crime Story. That was nice for a change. But I highly doubt he'll ever gay it up like that when it comes to his music career. A bit of a shame, really.

LPT, QueenB and londonrain like this.
  9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Around the time of Frío he was still giving us quotes like
    but I would have hoped he'd moved on from that.

I wonder if there's going to be a serious attempt to push Fiebre in the UK or if the sudden press stuff is really just for American Crime Story. I suspect it's the latter.

Noir likes this.
  10. You'll all be interested to know that I find Ricky Martin very handsome.

11. Ricky Martin's PR Team is going to be black-balled by the HQs of Gay Times and Attitude... what a silly thing to do (and who else do they represent?)

12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It seems like a particularly silly thing to do.

Both magazines have multiple covers this month, though. Gay Times has Gus Kenworthy and Ricky (and is using Gus for the cover of the digital edition) and Attitude has Kylie and Ricky (and is using Ricky for the cover of the digital edition).

The Attitude feature looks and feels like a proper, authorised interview, whereas the whole Gay Times feature feels slightly off because of the three-year-old photos. I mean, some of the photos are literally the front and back covers of A Quien Quiera Escuchar (or very close to them):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LPT, neinzedd, Noir and 1 other person like this.
  13. Or 4? On the Floor?

14. Why did you bump this when it's 2 years ago.

londonrain and HolyWater like this.
  15. You could’ve just sat their and enjoyed your chicken. You’re bumping it too

16. I thought somebody else was this but it's you too! What even?

17. Unmissable Tropical Slayage.

18. He's featured on a song from Maluma's new album:

LPT and londonrain like this.
  19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

New single!

20. It's not good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.