Ricky Martin - Play EP + General Discussion | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

Ricky Martin - Play EP + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cluelessboy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Ricky’s EP Pausa (which includes Tiburones and Cantalo) has just won Best Pop Vocal Album at the Latin Grammys.

LPT likes this.

LPT and zephyr like this.
  3. That white beard is a choice...

4. He's gotten rid of it now anyway.
    Song is good but I need some more solo Ricky.

LPT likes this.
  5. I've been on a real Ricky kick recently after reading his book. I was a fan but never knew of how much of a career he'd already had by the time Livin' la Vida Loca came out.
    It's a shame he doesn't look back on his English albums too fondly bar his first one, but it sounds like he was under so much pressure at the time he probably doesn't have good memories of the time.

Música + Alma + Sexo remains his best album for me, followed by Almas del Silencio

Reading back in this thread makes me cringe hard too, especially when it comes to his sexuality, knowing now how much of a struggle it was for him to accept himself as a gay man.

6. He's just never been musically exciting and this song with Carlos is no exception.

7. LPT

LPT

May I ask what it is exactly that you expect from an artist like Ricky Martin?

8. I find him pretty exciting personally. He has bops for days. But I think he really has come to excel with his ballads. Basta Ya is a stunner.
    He’s never been one to reinvent the wheel, he just makes music he wants to make and introduce people to different aspects of the different genres of Latin music.

LPT likes this.
  9. I don't expect anything.

10. I'm bopping!

zephyr, londonrain, LPT and 1 other person like this.
  11. Love this, nice to have some bops from him again.

Conan and LPT like this.
  12. LPT

LPT

To be fair he is dropping singles every couple of months.

13. Most of his recent stuff has been more mid tempo hasn’t it? I might have missed out on stuff. Wasn’t overly keen on the one that came out a few weeks ago but it was serviceable.

LPT and Conan like this.
  14. LPT

LPT

Slow groove bops then!

15. I'd slow groove all over Ricky.

poshbabyyy, iveivan and LPT like this.
  16. He's aging like a fine wine. Those bath scenes? Daddy.
    Song is okay. He sounds great but I thought he was going to ramp up the tempo a bit? Not that I dislike his slower songs but I want some bangers.
    I'm sure it'll grow though. But let's hope for some remixes.

poshbabyyy and LPT like this.
  17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I somehow totally missed this! Yes, I thought the point of having Pausa and Play as separate EPs was that Pausa was the downtempo bit and Play was the uptempo bit. Qué Rico Fuera continues to be one of my favourite songs of 2021 so I’d like to hear more in that vein for sure.

poshbabyyy, LPT and Celestial Mosaic like this.
  18. The single is actually a grower. His voice is so smooth that I don't really mind anymore that it's slower. I'm sure he has some major bops up his sleeves (not that he often wears shirts with sleeves)

19. Play EP seemingly confirmed for next month (ties in with his saying not long ago that music was very close). Finally. Also mention of performing with the LA Philharmonic and his new TV project Mrs American Pie.

He's looking far too good too. I love my Dad.

LPT and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.