Rihanna - 9th Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was quite cold and clinical with not much depth or warmth. I think it would have been nice for ‘fans’ to run on to the pitch during Umbrella & Diamonds. Would have elevated it a bit.

I always find the 'fans running onto the field for the ballad!' with the 'sing it!' followed by pre-recorded crowd vocals so contrived. Super Bowl is never intimate or personal however much you say 'hey Mom!' at a piano.

I always find the 'fans running onto the field for the ballad!' with the 'sing it!' followed by pre-recorded crowd vocals so contrived. Super Bowl is never intimate or personal however much you say 'hey Mom!' at a piano.
Also I'd much rather she give untouchable superstar and keep the football peasants at bay.

he/him
It’s Rihanna, she built a music career off of one-note.

It doesn't even make sense! Give Dem Haters.wma an inch — one energy vacuum of a performance after years of radio silence — and they'll take a mile.

RIHANNA-NIVEA.gif

The only Rihvisionism I'll be accepting today is some TikTokgraphy cringefest to leverage James Joint into minor hit status.

Can someone point out where the ''Phresh off the Runway'' interpolation is during ''BBHMM''? Basically, the only interpolations I heard was ''Cockiness'' and ''S&M''...

EDIT: Oh, I caught ''Phresh''. Nice!

Do people still think she can do stadiums?

It wasn't so bad it couldn't have been greatly improved by some guests and setlist changes. Low energy 'vibe' songs + low energy performer = a rather empty feeling stage. I guess they decided to go with songs the football demo knew better.

Rewatching it... she's not even as bored as I remembered. Not highly energetic but she's pregnant.

Run This Town... goes off in a stadium. I felt chills to be honest.

I'm a sucker for a lot of people doing sharp synchronized choreography. I thought everyone dancing together in the white suits and Rihanna in the middle in red looked super graphic and striking.

The worst moment for me, besides some lip sync mistakes, really was how the We Found Love drop just dropped dead. It was the letdown of the show.

And people saying she always was basic at best as a performer so we should have adjusted expectations: I would have expected them to do a bit more bells and whistles then to make up for it. There are moments of literally nothing happening, like the yeaheaheah parts of Run This Town. Like even some change in lighting would have done sooooo much. They went for style over substance when Rihanna mostly worked great when it was fun over substance. Not Katy fun, but a party/cool vibe.

She really gave us nothing and it is cute how some act like that's great.

The lipsyncing was...not..that..bad? And it wasn't that much?

I don't even care, really but I've been reading the comments and watching the show, and I don't get what you all are saying... Genuine confusion, don't come at me.

If I had any criticism it was that musically it felt a bit flat. Moments that should have shook the stadium like We Found Love and Umbrella felt a bit rushed through, like ticking boxes. And Pour it Up is a bit slow and nocturnal for that setting. Justice for What's My Name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.