Rihanna - 9th Album

FvFtYY0WIAAmIeP

Ugh, her response to the music question. I love Rihanna and her legacy as an artist is genuinely incredible, but I’m over it when it comes to R9.

The years of rumours, teasing and speculation has sucked the fun out of it all. Coupled with those terrible new songs, and her more than apparent disinterest, there’s no point us even speculating any more.

I think she’s more aware than anyone she delivered her best work with ANTI. And I think as the years go on, she no doubt feels more pressure to outdo herself and I’m convinced that’s played a massive part in the whole never-ending saga.

Right now I don’t see her ever releasing a new album. I’d more than happily be proven wrong, but I just don’t see it materialising.

Her success in business is truly inspiring and Fenty is truly a fantastic brand. We’ll always have the bops - other artists would kill to have her back catalogue.

The dress / outfit reveal was cute. And it was so very on brand she had zero fucks to give. Turned up late, walked the carpet and left. Think we’d all be lying if we said we don’t envy her power / status.

Reactions: Rob
The false start of the big "comeback" with the soundtrack single and Superbowl followed by no new album and more "when it's time" quotes should have massively readjusted expectations by now, so if she can't appear at events or be asked about music without fans having another tantrum that's really on you.

It's obvious it's not a priority, maybe she played around a bit in the studio and the magic wasn't there (obvious from the released tracks) but while I understand her not wanting to disappoint fans by saying "my focus is elsewhere now" I wish she would just rip off the bandaid and just say it's not coming. It's literally ridiculous at this point.

It's obvious it's not a priority, maybe she played around a bit in the studio and the magic wasn't there (obvious from the released tracks) but while I understand her not wanting to disappoint fans by saying "my focus is elsewhere now" I wish she would just rip off the bandaid and just say it's not coming. It's literally ridiculous at this point.
Why does she have to say it though? Her actions have shown it's not coming for years now, so any expectations to the contrary are fans' own fault? Other, I guess than playing the Super Bowl, but even that is pretty much always more a vehicle to shore up the popularity of your back catalogue rather than being a vehicle for launching a new album.

She probably does have intentions to release new music at some point, and I think she visits the studio regularly enough (?) that saying it's definitively not coming is probably a lie. If people would let her be and stop building expectations and pressure up she might actually get more connected with the process and enjoy making music for the fun of it. Or maybe not, and she is done with it. There's plenty of other great music out there, and given that she saw fit to release Lift Me Up, how can everyone feel so sure R9 would even be high quality?