Rihanna - 9th Studio Album 2019? (It ain't done 'til it's done!) | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - 9th Studio Album 2019? (It ain't done 'til it's done!)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd say Music of the Sun is leagues better than A Girl Like Me. So many BOPS (happy people?!).

XXX and Maki like this.
  2. I agree that "Music of the Sun" is much better than "A Girl Like Me" and is very underrated.
    It has some amazing album tracks:

The title track is my favorite, such a gorgeous song.
    Even the bonus tracks "Should I" and "Hypnotized" are really good.

XXX, Music Is Life and rihce like this.
  3. Fully agree with all of your picks.. I love Rush! The club hit that got away.

Maki likes this.
  4. I've listened to her mixtapes once each and I remember Music of the Sun having a handful of decent album tracks. A Girl Like Me was flat out garbage though aside from the singles.

5. Wait I forgot how much I love this as well.

K94, rihce and Maki like this.
  6. Debating her debut was not on my mood board for this point in 2019 but here we are.

7. All this Music Of The Sun talk is making me want to listen to it in full, which I've never done.

Stopremix, sammidrew and Maki like this.
  8. A Girl Like Me, maybe, but Music of the Sun? Definitely not. I mean, Pon De Replay, Hypnotized, Should I, If It's Lovin', You Don't Love Me, That La La La, Let Me, Rush, There's a Thug In My Life...whew!

XXX, rihce, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  9. There's A Thug In My Life is that song.

XXX, Mr Blonde and Music Is Life like this.
  10. I still love these A LOT, and not just for the nostalgia.

rihce, HEARTCORE, Maki and 3 others like this.
  11. I love how Rihanna’s discography has something for everybody. We love versatility!

GimmeWork, Mr.Arroz, Bobbyrae and 4 others like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Moderator

yas what a song. This and SOS alone are enough to make her first 2 albums worth it.

Bobbyrae, Dijah., K94 and 2 others like this.
  13. Versatility is Rihanna’s strength

14. I don't think there's even debate that Music of the Sun is better than its follow-up, right? Like, A Girl Like Me has "SOS" and... ?

15. Top 10 smash Unfaithful.

On that note, I wish she recorded Unfaithful more recently, now that her voice has grown enough to really pull it off. She doesn't sound bad on it, but her voice wasn't quite big enough for it in 2006. "I don't wanna be.... a murderer!" is still one of the most ridiculous, melodramatic lines in recent memory.

GimmeWork, Sail On, 2014 and 17 others like this.
  16. I still love "We Ride," ddd.

17. Unfaithful was the first pop single I've ever bought (along with JoJo's Too Little Too Late). A Girl Like Me is half killer half filler but some of y'all are really testing me.

18. An entire singles run. Music of the Sun can’t relate

19. Look at that singles run, though. Huh.

20. 1. Pon De Replay
    2. If It's Lovin That You Want
    3. Let Me
    4. You Don't Love Me (No No No)
    5. SOS

We love the Umbrella Warm-up EP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.