Rihanna - ANTI (Guess what? She believes in it!) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - ANTI (Guess what? She believes in it!)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RJF, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Just a reminder to everyone: you're not required to post in any specific thread.

2. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I wonder - if it is a surprise release, which is kind of a dead certain right now - how many videos are going to be released with the video, or if there will be any videos at all.

With the Home soundtrack on the horizon, I assume this era will be short but sweet. We know she doesn't like/do extensive promo after the release week of an album, so I'm curious to see if she's just going to put it all out there, like Bey, or still do a proper campaign even though the album is already released.

That is, if it's not just a single surprise release.

3. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

A Beyoncé-style album release with at least a handful of videos would make a lot of sense for Ri-Ri, considering she gives up on album promo three months in anyway.

4. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

This wouldn't be much of a "surprise" release if we're all just sitting here waiting for it to drop because we know it's coming. It kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Notwithstanding the particulars of the release strategy I am nevertheless poised for new RiRi, it has been way too long. She needs to come back and floor everyone again with a killer song.

5. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Of all the artists to release a 'surprise itunes album' Rihanna? She's a rung above Katy Perry when it comes to 'album artist' but I welcome anything from Ri-Ri, quench this drought!

6. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I don't think there will be videos released with it.

I actually can't wait, I'm so excited for this. Most anticipated Rihanna release ever for me.

supersoon, ohdenny, Sam and 2 others like this.
  7. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

You don't say.

8. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

how do we know there will be a "surprise"-release?

9. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I cant believe Rihanna actually will already have a 3-year gap between an album of hers.

I mean we all know the only year she hadn't released a studio album was the doomed year 2008.

Rihanna the new Kate Bush.

10. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I mean I know this sounds preemptive, but based on the little information we have and the long wait I think we're going to be getting a very high quality album. She's in kind of a bad place with release methods though. A traditional campaign will put her too close to "Home", and I don't think a surprise release would do her many favors.

I think she should pull a Robyn and do a series of digital EP's, released with little warning.

11. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

They both make fantastic albums so I don't get the contrast.

12. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

This is going to be so so so huge. I can feel it. Bigger than anything in the past year other than 1989.

ohdenny likes this.
  13. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

definitely more interesting than 1989.

14. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Let's not go over our heads.

15. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I don't want her to 'Beyonce' the album, the constant comparisons will be so annoying. Announce it and release it 1 week later.

16. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Especially if it were to underperform...which let's be real here who gets that hyped about a Rihanna album? Singles are another thing entirely though.

17. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

The general public isn't sitting in this thread though. Not by any means.

While Beyonce created the perfect once-in-a-lifetime storm for herself last year that Rihanna's circumstances just can't recreate, I don't think the idea of a Rihanna surprise release is that nonsensical. I think just putting it out there with no song designated as **the single** may actually prompt people to give the entire album a go, especially if individual songs aren't available for sale. I imagine her people think next week is the prime week to do this. This album's first single can emerge in the weeks following.

... To be honest, I don't care. I just want it.

18. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I just hope #very soon is not becoming the new #soon

19. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

But their album sales are usually quite weak compared to them killing it with their singles sales. That's the contrast I was making, nothing on the actual quality of their albums.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.