Rihanna - ANTI (Guess what? She believes in it!) | Page 284 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - ANTI (Guess what? She believes in it!)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Oxygen is the best new song i heard from her so far! it sounds like an Album opener!

2. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Tidal just confirmed that American Oxygen is the next single.

Mess.

3. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

American Oxygen is the most frustrating song so far, because it feels like there should/could be so much more too. Her vocal performance is great in it, and the subject matter could make for a great song about a foreigner's take on America. But it feels like more of a mood piece than a full song. Actually, the people saying that it sounds like a looped snippet are right on the nail.

Crazy that we've gotten six new Rihanna songs in the last few months(including Home) and not one has been that well-received or particularly excellent. Some of it may be down to anticipation and hype, but still. Something is definitely not right with this campaign.

4. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

For Oxigen? And none for Money... Expected. Sad.

5. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

I think Billlboard confirmed the video for "Bitch" is done or is almost done, not sure.

6. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

What does it say?

7. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Here for her American Pie video.

8. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

I can't wait to see how she fits these 3 songs into 1 album. It's going to be a wild ride.

Everyone thought American Oxygen was going to be basic & "the hit" then I'm reading comments from people on ATRL comparing it to a "bad acid trip" & I love it even more. Haaaaa.

9. RJF

RJF

Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Get taste.

10. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

And it is.

I can see why people are comparing it to a bad acid trip, lasts too long and you just want it to stop.

11. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

That sounds familiar...

12. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Oh

13. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Three songs now and I'm baffled at how fucking bad this album is seeming to be.

14. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Oh thank goodness, I'm not the only one.

I desperately want to like things, and it's Rihanna, and if you listen enough times it can sorta..kinda...but no.

And so ends her Imperial phase.

15. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Well I love this but...

how do these form an album?

16. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

You're really REALLY not. Rihanna has never been an 'ambitious' musical artist but at least you knew you were getting a killer first single and some strong bops from any era from her, this is Rihanna with creative control and the wheels of the bus aren't falling off, the bus is being crashed into a fucking wall.

17. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

I get that you (and lots of others here) don't like the way things are going but this is just an odd comment. The commercial success and thirst is clearly still there and the 'respect' from the people who count is probably at the highest level it's been in her career. The bus is not "being crashed into a fucking wall" no matter where you're standing, sorry.

18. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Once this era is over she's going To call out MULLIGAN and pretend all this horror never happened.

19. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

When no one else in the industry had their shit together, I had hope that Rih would put everyone back on track, but now all she's doing is leading them off the edge of the cliff.

20. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album & Singles

Creative bus, not commercial bus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.