Rihanna - ANTI (Guess what? She believes in it!) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - ANTI (Guess what? She believes in it!)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RJF, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I highly doubt that Rihanna would surprise release, mainly because I don't think it would recieve the success and acclaim that BEYONCE recieved. And I don't think that Rihanna and her team would want to do the same thing Beyonce did, they want to avoid comparisons at all costs.

I just really don't think a surprise release of a Rihanna album would work, and this is coming from a big fan. I really enjoy the build up to an album release, and having a single first.

To be honest, I really doubt this will be coming this year.. also it's worth mentioning that there's just over five weeks left of the year. And we don't even have any details about the album, and any idea when the album is coming.

I think that 'R8' as always been 'Home', and that she's been working on other stuff since she's completed the Home soundtrack. So I expect a 'proper' studio album this time next year, hopefully I'm wrong though because I don't think the soundtrack will be my cup of tea.

2. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Why does surprise release have to been whole album and not single though? Especially given that she's also suggested the whole 'little by little' thing. I always expected a 'surprise' from Rihanna would be an unannounced single, which she's certainly got the clout to pull off.

3. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I think at least two of Rihanna leads were surprise releases. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it

4. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I vaguely recall "Only Girl" and "Diamonds" being fairly sudden releases, was it "Diamonds" that came a week after she sent "Cockiness" to radio...?

5. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

"We Found Love" premiered a week or two after "Cheers", I think.

6. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

All of her latest releases were like a random fart. Sorry.Then you waiting a month or two for a video.

All I know they all were always random surprises. Sometimes you just didn't even know was it the lead single or something else.

7. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Stupid (and incorrect) post.

supersoon, Jeffo and Rhombus like this.
  8. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Prove me wrong.

Video/song made as promo for chips, then the big lead in two weeks or so without any announcement. Surprise, yes. Complicated, yes too.

Latest single video is on the conversation, then boom. Diamonds.
    I mean I like her surprises. But I like she took her time now to start the new era and ending another.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  9. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

If she is gonna surprise drop this, it should happen on a Friday evening for maximum impact. As everyone is getting ready to go out and 'turn up'. OR I guess since this week is a holiday, Wednesday night would also work. Give it to us, Rih.

10. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Word's spreading for the 25th.

11. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

The hilarious thing is that I can see this actually working if accompanied by her pulling a truly viral stunt earlier in the day.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  12. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Confirmed to be a (seriously short) snippet from the R8 writing camp. It was posted 5 months ago but the writer has commented saying that it is for R8. Whether it made the cut or not, or if this is even Rihanna or not remains to be seen (and heard, because this is some weak ass preview).

13. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

She seems to be in Barbados.
    If she were to release something this week, I don't get why doesn't stop by at the AMA's do some press.

I dunno.

14. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

A few of the Nhevi think she is gonna be performing as a surprise tonight, which has to be wrong because she is still in Barbados as far as I know. This has got to be the week though if something is coming this year.

15. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

A performance is out of the question though. You can't keep an awards show performance under wraps. That is just a fact. (I mean, you can choose to not put it out there, but there will always be rumours and there are none.)

Just showing her face on the red carpet wouldn't hurt.
    Then again, nothing might be coming this week, so yeah.

The anticipation for Bey's effort was also a stop-start kind of thing, where things seemed to happen and then they didn't anymore and then they seemed to happen again etc. so who knows.

16. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

Can you imagine? Monday, Tuesday passing and nothing comes out. Oh the meltdown, the heartache...

17. RJF

RJF

Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I'm a bit perched to be honest.

18. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

I'd be okay with that.
    Nothing is set in stone.
    It's called a surprise release for something.

You just got to manage your expectations a bit.

19. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

It could also be Thanksgiving. Basically I will retain hope until this time next week and if by then we still have nothing...it was nice knowing you all.

20. Re: Rihanna - 8th Album Discussion

If you think we are perched the ATRL sisters are damn well starved, dehydrated and delusional. See this comment on the 3/4 second snippet I posted earlier:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.