Rihanna - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 3Xs, Dec 17, 2009.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

[​IMG]

So this can just be a thread where we talk about all things Rihanna, new and old. Seeing as the Unfaithful thread from 2006 was just bumped we should have a place to talk about her older music and all other things Rihanna that are not in the specific threads (i.e. Rated R thread, Russian Roulette thread, Hard thread).

Good idea moderators?

2. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

She's a slayg! OMG LOLZ

3. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

This isn't necessary.

4. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

I didn't own a single thing of Rihanna's until Rated R. I have been converted.

5. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

I've got all four albums. Rater R has to be the best by far! I just love how she grew and changed her music direction since her first album!

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

For me it's the other way around.. a follow-up to Good Girl Gone Bad was my most-anticipated new release, but Rated R does absolutely nothing for me..

7. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

Well, Good Girl Gone Bad is probably good too, but when radio was playing all 20 singles from it 36 hours a day... Not really at the top of my To Buy list. I'll get it next!

8. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

I'm glad that she was brave and took a new direction, but Rated R leaves me cold. Having said that, she's still a good popstar for attempting something new....

9. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

Love Rated R and Good Girl Gone Bad.

Best songs:
    Umbrella
    Good Girl Gone Bad
    Breakin' Dishes
    S.O.S. (Rescue Me)
    and of course:
    Pon De Replay

10. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

Guess it's gonna be different to everyone, but to me this is a lot more personal and more emoional.

11. Re: Rihanna - General Discussion Thread

Neither are you.

12. 3Xs

3Xs

Didn't know where else to post this since it's not really music related but there is more info on her upcoming book, it's to be called "The Last Girl On Earth".

From RihannaDaily:

According to Rizzoli Bookstore, a book written by Rihanna and with contribution by Simon Henwood will be released in June!

Rihanna
    The Last Girl on Earth
    Written by Rihanna, Contribution by Simon Henwood
    144 pages
    Pub Date: June 2010
    Format: Hardcover
    Category: Music – Popular
    US Price: $50.00
    CAN Price: $60.00
    ISBN: 978-0-8478-3511-9 (0-8478-3511-1)
    Publisher: Rizzoli
    Trim Size: 10 x 13
    Also available as a trade paperback.

Simon Henwood (aka Rosin Murphy's hubby) gave this quote:

“We talked extensively for months before the album's release, and looked at every aspect of the campaign-  from styling to stage ideas and visuals,” he tells ArjanWrites.com. “Everything comes from the music, and this is her most personal album to date – so everything draws from it in one way or another. There is a great story that will unfold through the campaign, and finally reveal on the tour, partly inspired by the film – The Omega Man and of course ideas from the songs – as well as Rihanna’s personal visions

All very exciting no?

Also, the Mad House intro video from the AMA's (created and directed by Henwood) is out in High Quality if anyone cares: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHcNe0aCaHg&feature=player_embedded

13. 3Xs

3Xs

14. GO RIHANNA! Kemp is a hottie!

15. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

'Umbrella' is one of the greatest songs in pop history.

16. Tommie

Tommie Guest

I GUESS DAT RUE BOI IZ BIG ENUFF

17. Quite obvious, I think. Disturbia is amazing aswell.

18. Disturbia was one of the greats from 08 but not the decade as a whole. It's too reliant on the sort sound popular at that time (and now) to be a classic in ten years.

19. my top 5 rihanna singles

1. russian roulette
    2. shut up and drive
    3. take a bow
    4. umbrella
    5. SOS

20. I am happy that she decided to go for the less commercial sound on Rated R, because now I can have my cake and eat it.

If I want darker songs with better lyrics I can go for Rated R.
    If I want some amazing pop songs with sing a long choruses I have the large majority of her back catalogue. (Especially SOS, Umbrella and Disturbia.)
    WIN WIN.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.