Rihanna - General Discussion | Page 443 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 3Xs, Dec 17, 2009.

1. YAAAAAS!!

EricG1990 and spaceship like this.
  2. I saw Grant Singer post a screenshot of Rihanna stanning the new Sam Smith video and song. Taste tbh.

RossMusik and Aidan like this.
  3. I was wondering why people were dragging her on twitter and black sites like Lipstickalley, coli and bossip for supporting Robert O Hara and then I saw this video just now

Honestly she's right. I love Rihanna but I'm not gonna lie and say she's been ignorant about black issues specifically African American issues. This slave play on broadway needs to be canceled. We have way too many films and even shows showcasing black women being dehumanized and mutilated by white men in the past and it still effects many people of my community til this day. The director also has an...odd history of fetishizing white interracial couples. There is nothing important or thought provoking about this play. Most of the people on board of the creation of this nasty play are white (including Jake Gyllenhaal). Someone in the comments also made a good point. There was a raunchy broadway show in the 70s where it showed german nazis raping jewish women and beating the children. It didn't even last a couple shows. Black women do not need to be dehumanized on broadway for rich white people to see and witness live. I'm not saying Rihanna is anti-AA but she needs to understand why some people of the AA community have been iffy with her lately. I also hope no one quotes me with the whole "Everybody is sensitive now days" or "That person is pressed. Fenty will continue selling makeup. We not canceling her" stan bullcrap. I will still support Rihanna as I do love her but I just dont agree with some of the things she says just like my other faves who have done or said ignorant things.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019

4. Maybe this girl can drop an album instead.

5. Spotify posted this:

Could be because Rihanna followed them but that in itself is...strange. I’m cautiously optimistic.

6. [​IMG]

Bangers&Bops, LP, vesperteen and 9 others like this.
  7. Stunningggg! Her hair recently is a serve.

LP, Slice of Life, GimmeWork and 3 others like this.
  8. [​IMG]

Dijah., heavymetalGAGA and Bobbyrae like this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. Me on Friday when Rihanna isn’t the Thursday mystery guest.

[​IMG]

11. Oh you... torturing us like that.

Bobbyrae likes this.

12. According to DJ Snake, Rihanna wanted to record this track but it took her a year to do it ... so he released it on his own.

He said this on his Apple Music interview with Zane Lowe but I can't link the whole episode here.

13. upload_2019-8-7_15-35-57.jpeg

14. Definitely fits with she's going more island, I hopes it's true, would be awesome if she had a few jungle tracks also.

spaceship likes this.
  15. Spanish singer Bad Gyal was recently interviewed about her Sònar performance. She talks about how her most recent single is produced by Supa Dups and confirmed he's working on Rihanna's new album which will be "full on reggae, dancehall and Jamaican vibes". So yeah, another collaborator confirmed!

spaceship and Bobbyrae like this.
  16. The Taki Taki boy is reaching.

spaceship likes this.

17. For fuck sake.

18. That was not a move Rihanna would have made anyway. The only female pop star who would come up with that move is Taylor.

19. Will fucking Ferrell

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.