Rihanna - “Lift Me Up” & Super Bowl 2023 + 9th Album | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - “Lift Me Up” & Super Bowl 2023 + 9th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Sep 25, 2022.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The atmosphere will be so electric through the whole thing - Drake's boring so get Lil Nas out for What's My Name whew.

Sleepycat, Verandi, Sam and 2 others like this.
  2. I feel like Only Girl, Diamonds, Umbrella and Work are all inevitable.

I would love Where Have You Been to get its moment. Avril (old school guest every older viewer would know and with that nostalgia factor) popping in for Cheers would be iconic.

Jamie, madgemad and slaybellz like this.
  3. She has to appeal to the GP so my best guess is:

Diamonds
    We Found Love
    Only Girl In The World
    Don't Stop The Music
    Umbrella
    Pon De Replay
    Work

Maybes:
    What's My Name
    Where Have You Been
    Rude Boy

Some collab:
    Wild Thoughts
    Love The Way You Lie (which I would hate but the GP would eat it up)

4. I know as soon as she breaks into Umbrella my entire body will disintegrate. It’s frightening that she’s gonna have to cut essential hits because she has so
    many of them. She’s been absent for a while but she really is one of the most defining pop stars of our generation.

GimmeWork, Dijah., drewsky and 4 others like this.
  5. RMK

RMK

I really hope Wild Thoughts doesn't make it. If any big feature makes an appearance, it'll probably be the chorus of Love The Way You Lie. Eminem (hopefully) won't show up, but we can't ignore the magnitude of that song.

6. I... would be entirely fine if she gave Umbrella and especially Only Girl a rest. I feel like she's musically in another stage of her career.

Applause likes this.
  7. Maybe Rihanna could have the three hours to perform and the straights could do their little sportsball game during the halftime. Everyone wins.

fancygreen, GimmeWork, Scab and 38 others like this.
  8. That's not what the halftime show is about though. Usually people just play their biggest hits to appeal to the most amount of people.

FridayNight, sesita, lushLuck and 7 others like this.
  9. RMK

RMK

Umbrella is also just way too huge to ignore. No one is above that song.

10. It will be a 15-min announcement of the launch of Fenty Sportsand we'll have to deal with it.

Poker Pro and Jordtayylor like this.
  11. She’s had a lot of hits since then, but Umbrella is still one of her most iconic songs. It’s currently her most popular song on Spotify. I don’t think it’s legal for her to do the Super Bowl without playing it.

That + We Found Love, Only Girl, & Work will for sure be there. I have a feeling she’ll probably include Needed Me in some capacity. Everything else is up in the air.

12. Love On The Brain would be a moment if she decides to throw us a curve ball.

13. Not people still pretending Wild Thoughts was good.

Cutlery likes this.
  14. Sincerely, no

15. It does feel like it will get lost in the shuffle of giant hits but Where Have You Been just started thundering in my AirPods and...I would like to see it.

16. all of this! ANd we NEED WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  17. adz

adz

We’re going to get Fourfiveseconds, Wild Thoughts and a 5 minute make up demonstration in the ultimate troll move.

18. She's going to hell if she lets even a guitar pluck of FourFiveSeconds sneak its way into the segue. But knowing our pop girls and my personal luck with stanning them, she'll probably dedicate a whole ass 3 minutes to performing that song.

Ashling92, Sam and slaybellz like this.
  19. I was looking at her Spotify page earlier to see what her most streamed songs were and it really caught me by surprise seeing FourFiveSeconds up there and with nearly one billion streams. Like... her? How did that happen?

Laurence, Ashling92, Sam and 2 others like this.
  20. kal

kal

What exactly is everyone’s issue with FourFiveSeconds? I’ve always enjoyed it.

spaceship, Sleepycat and Maria like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.