Rihanna - “Lift Me Up” & Super Bowl 2023 + 9th Album | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - “Lift Me Up” & Super Bowl 2023 + 9th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Sep 25, 2022.

1. I see Wild Thoughts mentioned by a lot of people on here, I didn’t think it was that loved to be honest.

Live Your Life would go off but T.I being a trash human being makes me hope she doesn’t even consider it. Same goes for Love The Way You Lie, but definitely see that as a lot more likely.

2. Her hooks make those songs so…

Ferk, tea and Macanudo like this.
  3. I wondered this too and since found out that Roc Nation are heavily involved. Plus it's no longer Pepsi Half Time but Apple Music
    I'd imagine those changes, along with some of those within NFL itself have made the stance change

4. More than 2 billion views !

5. Her back catalogue is bursting with hits and she has a 14 minute slot in which to do it justice.

Wild Thoughts shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Cutlery, TRAVVV, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  6. I could take or leave "Wild Thoughts" but, as her most recent big hit, it wouldn't be out of place in some quick features medley with "Live Your Life", "Run This Town", and "Love the Way You Lie".

sesita and Mr Blonde like this.
  7. I can definitely see Diamonds as the big light show finale song.

8. Same, but also We Found Love would decimate the entire stadium as the closer.

nikkysan, Laurence, Andrew and 24 others like this.
  9. This thread had me laughing at loud at nearly every tweet.

nikkysan, godspeed, Andrew and 14 others like this.
  10. "Good luck with bookin that stage u speak of" is one of the most iconic popstar moments across any social media platform and that's a hill I'd die on.

11. That "run along" absolutely finished me the first time I saw it.

JasonJay, LPT, D.Jay and 1 other person like this.
  12. Those tweets are priceless (even though they look like an angry teenage is writing them). Ah, I love my Rih Rih.

D.Jay likes this.
  13. Not me just realizing she was tweeting at CIARA with "Good luck bookin that stage u speak of" I can't believe I never knew that ddd
    Popstars were truly wild in the early twitter days.

skullemoji.png

Laurence, Andrew, XXX and 20 others like this.
  14. Imagine having those two options for the finale. Whew. She's gonna kill this.

Andrew likes this.
  15. Apart from a couple of exceptions, Rihanna always released the right singles from her albums.

Ferk and Maki like this.
  16. Just watched her VMA performance medleys. Whew, not that I doubted it for a second but this halftime will annihilate.

Ferk likes this.
  17. Wild Thoughts is one of my favorite songs from her, a certified bop. Just perform her verse, chorus and possibly have Brent along and leave any others out, and we’re good to go!

18. There's no way she wouldn't bring out Khaled though and literally nobody wants that.

XXX, 2014, soratami and 3 others like this.
  19. This whole thing has me on a discography deep dive and whew. The talent!

popjunkie, GimmeWork, Lapras and 2 others like this.

20. Me:
    Also me:
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.