Rihanna - Rated R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this warrants a new thread being made.

On October 4th 2008 in an interview with All Music, Rihanna confirmed that she is currently in the studio working on her fourth studio album. She stated that.

"I’m currently working on record number four and I’m having so much fun. I’m having so many new experiences and meeting so many new people, it’s amazing".

Rihanna also stated that the album will head in a more Techno Rock direction saying, “I want this album to head in the same direction as Good Girl Gone Bad but with even more edge. The tracks will be less R&B influenced and will have a feel closer to that of, "Disturbia", "Shut Up & Drive" and "Breakin’ Dishes".

Rihanna also stated that she will be writing 3 tracks of the album herself and that they are quite different from her previous work and that one of the tracks will fit into the punk-rock category. She is also studying for a new and more even hot look. A release date for the album has not yet been announced, but it’s probably that it will came out in early 2009
(March/April period).
http://rihannadaily.com/2008/10/2009-fourth-album/

Techno rock sounds quite interesting. Would that be in vain of Rogue Traders?

Re: Rihanna 4th Album Discussion

I HATED Shut Up & Drive. Disturbia did nothing for me, but Breakin' Dishes is amazing. I dunno about this...

S

someboy0716

She's sounds so liberated in those quotes, like she's willing to try anything. The new record will probably come out in June like Good Girl Gone Bad, and it'll probably be a great ingredient for summer.

Is she for real? By all means, work on your new album, try new things Rihanna, but do you really need to inflict this on us next year? EARLY next year?!

At the rate she churns out albums, I predict by the end of 2009 she'll have eclipsed Britney, Madonna and Samantha Mumba's back catalogues combined!

This is like Nelly Furtado - no stop!

She really needs a break or else everyone will start hating her.

I agree about her needing a break, but I'm happy to hear that she's at least becoming more involved in her music.

Matt said:
I think this warrants a new thread being made.

I think this warrants a PARADE.

Matt said:
Rihanna also stated that the album will head in a more Techno Rock direction saying, “I want this album to head in the same direction as Good Girl Gone Bad but with even more edge. The tracks will be less R&B influenced and will have a feel closer to that of, "Disturbia", "Shut Up & Drive" and "Breakin’ Dishes"

!!!!

I'm going to take it that we won't have to put up with any more Hate That I Love You atrocities, then.

Hate That I Love You is a good song. I just wouldn't have made it a single so soon, it was too safe.

But I hope this means that there'll be no more "Rehabs" or "Unfaithfuls."

I really like 'Unfaithful'. I loved how she sang the line "I can see him dying". It'd be a really good break-up song to bawl your eyes out to.

ps. The direction of the new album sounds great. I love all the songs that she mentioned from GGGB.

Techno rock sounds quite interesting. Would that be in vain of Rogue Traders?

I'd say so.

The album sounds like its going to be amazing. I, for one, bloody love 'Shut Up & Drive' , 'Breakin' Dishes' and 'Disturbia' and they are the definite highlights of GGGB.

The furthur she moves away from songs like 'Hate That I Love You' the better. In fact, just ditching singing/writing collabs with Ne-Yo full stop would be amazing. The song was shocking abysmal and 'Take A Bow/Dump' was even worse.

Good Girl Gone Bad is quite good isn't it? I think she's going to eventually produce the perfect pop album at this rate.

S

someboy0716

I use to think that Rihanna should take a break like a lot of people have been saying, and I think a lot more people think that; but then I heard Disturbia, and I figured that I'll just let her do what she wants. I mean, Jay-Z will just change her oil and send her out there again.

Good Girl Gone Bad is one of those albums you promise yourself you wont buy on the strength of one single, hear the next one and completley cave.

It's also one of those albums that do not dissapoint. And taking three of the strongest tracks from it to work on a new sound suits me just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.