Rihanna - Rated R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

So it is confirmed that Jay-Z, Kanye West and Young Jeezy are in London right now performing at Beyonce's concert. Now rumors are raging that Jay and Jeezy (and maybe Kanye?) will be at Rihanna's show tomorrow!

Exciting!!!
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

AustenT said:
3Xs said:
AustenT said:
Wow. This album is horrible.

Well thanks for giving us that well thought out comment.

Sorry, I forgot to mention something positive!

You don't have to say anything positive. But if you are going to come on here and declare that the album is horrible you could at least tell us why. Just saying you hate it and leaving it at that isn't really adding anything to the conversation.
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

Fire Bomb - <3 <3 <3

I find myself gravitating towards specific tracks on different days! Today it is all about 'Fire Bomb'!

So after repeated listenings, I'd say the weakest on the album now is 'Rude Boy'. I'm just not getting the genius that everyone sees in it... maybe it will 'hit me' tomorrow!
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

euphoria. said:
Fire Bomb - <3 <3 <3

I find myself gravitating towards specific tracks on different days! Today it is all about 'Fire Bomb'!

So after repeated listenings, I'd say the weakest on the album now is 'Rude Boy'. I'm just not getting the genius that everyone sees in it... maybe it will 'hit me' tomorrow!

What?! Rude Boy is my favorite! At least for today anyway, 15 plays today! ha. I'm sure it will grow on you!

And I adore Fire Bomb! Especially "The lovers need to clear the room!" Hopefully it is a single! I imagine the video will be her burning down the house!
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

3Xs said:
euphoria. said:
Fire Bomb - <3 <3 <3

I find myself gravitating towards specific tracks on different days! Today it is all about 'Fire Bomb'!

So after repeated listenings, I'd say the weakest on the album now is 'Rude Boy'. I'm just not getting the genius that everyone sees in it... maybe it will 'hit me' tomorrow!

What?! Rude Boy is my favorite! At least for today anyway, 15 plays today! ha. I'm sure it will grow on you!

And I adore Fire Bomb! Especially "The lovers need to clear the room!" Hopefully it is a single! I imagine the video will be her burning down the house!

I hope so! It could be due to it's placement between "Russian Roulette", "Fire Bomb", "Photographs" and "G4L" all of which are favorites that I prefer more. I'll keep listening to it.

I totally agree with your Fire Bomb comments. My favorite lyric from the song is probably "I just want to set you on fire so I don't have to burn alone"!
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

euphoria. said:
3Xs said:
euphoria. said:
Fire Bomb - <3 <3 <3

I find myself gravitating towards specific tracks on different days! Today it is all about 'Fire Bomb'!

So after repeated listenings, I'd say the weakest on the album now is 'Rude Boy'. I'm just not getting the genius that everyone sees in it... maybe it will 'hit me' tomorrow!

What?! Rude Boy is my favorite! At least for today anyway, 15 plays today! ha. I'm sure it will grow on you!

And I adore Fire Bomb! Especially "The lovers need to clear the room!" Hopefully it is a single! I imagine the video will be her burning down the house!

I hope so! It could be due to it's placement between "Russian Roulette", "Fire Bomb", "Photographs" and "G4L" all of which are favorites that I prefer more. I'll keep listening to it.

I totally agree with your Fire Bomb comments. My favorite lyric from the song is probably "I just want to set you on fire so I don't have to burn alone"!

I love that line too! Also in the bridge when she says "We were criminals / As we were burning / The world called the police / Fire department, ambulance" I read on Wikipedia that she wrote the song herself, which makes it even more impressive to me. Also the sound of the fire burning at the end just adds that extra touch that makes it even more amazing.
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

3Xs said:
euphoria. said:
3Xs said:
euphoria. said:
Fire Bomb - <3 <3 <3

I find myself gravitating towards specific tracks on different days! Today it is all about 'Fire Bomb'!

So after repeated listenings, I'd say the weakest on the album now is 'Rude Boy'. I'm just not getting the genius that everyone sees in it... maybe it will 'hit me' tomorrow!

What?! Rude Boy is my favorite! At least for today anyway, 15 plays today! ha. I'm sure it will grow on you!

And I adore Fire Bomb! Especially "The lovers need to clear the room!" Hopefully it is a single! I imagine the video will be her burning down the house!

I hope so! It could be due to it's placement between "Russian Roulette", "Fire Bomb", "Photographs" and "G4L" all of which are favorites that I prefer more. I'll keep listening to it.

I totally agree with your Fire Bomb comments. My favorite lyric from the song is probably "I just want to set you on fire so I don't have to burn alone"!

I love that line too! Also in the bridge when she says "We were criminals / As we were burning / The world called the police / Fire department, ambulance" I read on Wikipedia that she wrote the song herself, which makes it even more impressive to me. Also the sound of the fire burning at the end just adds that extra touch that makes it even more amazing.

I'm with you 100%. I'm on 'G4L' now. Don't even get me started. So brilliant.
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

I'm not listening to this album yet, because of one of the following:

a) I want to wait until I can have a physical copy in my hands, etc.
b) I don't want to listen out of fear that it won't be very good.

I think it might be a mixture of the two, unfortunately.
 

RUNAWAY

Staff member
he/him
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

I just finished my first listen...and oh my god, this album is epic! Def. one of the best albums of the year and really high up there with Annie and Leona for sure!
 
V

vasilios

Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

I want to meet Rihanna and shake her hand and tell her 'girl, you created an AMAZING album, well done'.

It's all I listen to. Poor Monster.
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

vasilios said:
It's all I listen to. Poor Monster.

I know right? I actually really want to give a proper listen to The Fame Monster but I cannot pull myself away from this album for long enough. I'm sure Monster is brilliant (actually I know it is), but I am too busy blasting Fire Bomb today to care.
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

euphoria. said:
3Xs said:
euphoria. said:
3Xs said:
euphoria. said:
Fire Bomb - <3 <3 <3

I find myself gravitating towards specific tracks on different days! Today it is all about 'Fire Bomb'!

So after repeated listenings, I'd say the weakest on the album now is 'Rude Boy'. I'm just not getting the genius that everyone sees in it... maybe it will 'hit me' tomorrow!

What?! Rude Boy is my favorite! At least for today anyway, 15 plays today! ha. I'm sure it will grow on you!

And I adore Fire Bomb! Especially "The lovers need to clear the room!" Hopefully it is a single! I imagine the video will be her burning down the house!

I hope so! It could be due to it's placement between "Russian Roulette", "Fire Bomb", "Photographs" and "G4L" all of which are favorites that I prefer more. I'll keep listening to it.

I totally agree with your Fire Bomb comments. My favorite lyric from the song is probably "I just want to set you on fire so I don't have to burn alone"!

I love that line too! Also in the bridge when she says "We were criminals / As we were burning / The world called the police / Fire department, ambulance" I read on Wikipedia that she wrote the song herself, which makes it even more impressive to me. Also the sound of the fire burning at the end just adds that extra touch that makes it even more amazing.

I'm with you 100%. I'm on 'G4L' now. Don't even get me started. So brilliant.

Oh my gosh! "I lick the gun, When I'm done, Cause I know, That revenge is sweet"
And "Yeah, we're an army, better yet a navy, better yet crazy"
AND "We got our guns, Got our guns, We got our guns, Got our guns, We got our guns, In the mother fucking air"

So many quotables! And the beat is SO sick! Chase & Status killed it.
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

You make me hate Rihanna 3xs.

I'm guessing there won't be 8 singles from this album because finding 8 good songs on this album is kind of difficult. While this is her best vocal performance to date, the material is weak.
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

Nokia were giving away a pair of tickets to Rihanna's 'secret' gig in London to all with Nokia phones earlier today at Regent Street/Oxford Circus. Was I wrong in refusing to get a pair of tickets?! I like her, but I don't even know who'd go with me to see her live...
 
Re: Rihanna - Rated R [Album Discussion]

So many favourites still.

Photograph clicked with me yesterday, the lyrics are so lovely and meaningful.

Rude boy and te amo still my favourites though. Te amo would be a smash as a single.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top