Rihanna Singles Rate

He / Him / His
It's a new generation...
As the current run of 'Singles Rate' are coming to an end, and new ones seem to be surfacing (i.e Girls Aloud, Pet Shop Boys etc.) I thought it was about time we rated Rihanna's singles as she's surpassed 20 solo singles. Below are the list of singles, and PM me your ratings before midnight on Friday 29th April (please have "Rihanna" or something to that degree as the subject title). I'll also include her collaborations as they're arguably as big as her solo hits. I'll post which songs didn't make the Top 25 on Saturday Morning and post 2 results a day from each day then on.

Solo Songs
Pon De Replay
If It's Lovin That You Want
SOS
Unfaithful
We Ride
Break It Off
Umbrella
Shut Up And Drive
Hate That I Love You
Don't Stop The Music
Take A Bow
Disturbia
Rehab
Russian Roulette
Wait Your Turn
Rude Boy
Hard
Te Amo
Rockstar 101
Only Girl In The World
What's My Name
S&M
California King Bed

Collaborations
Live Your Life (with T.I)
Love The Way You Lie (with Eminem)
Who's That Chick? (with David Guetta)
If I Never See Your Face (with Maroon 5)
Run This Town (with Jay-Z and Kanye West)
All of the Lights (with Kanye West)

Vote away! Corrections have been made.

Break It Off was a single too. Granted, North America only, but so was Rockstar 101, and it went top ten in the US, better than a lot of her singles.

He / Him / His
OK, thanks you two for pointing that out. Not quite sure how I managed to miss Rude Boy out, and I must have forgot Break It Off as it was US only, but I thought I'd be all inclusive and add it in. Sorry for any inconvenience.

What about "Roll It" with J-Status and Shontelle? If you're going to include all of her collabo singles wouldn't it not be fair not to? I suppose it's not well enough anyway.

"Let Me" was also a single in Japan but obviously you'll probably want to leave that out.

If anything, this list has affirmed that Rihanna is both an excellent singles and albums pop artist!

Do we have to do a new one of these every day?

I think it's fair to say everyone is enjoying them but they'll be no one left to do by the end of the month. Can't we wait for 1 to finish before a new one starts. Or at least wait for the results start to be announced.

There are currently about 7 going on.

At this rate we'll spend May rating the back catalogue of Jessie J.

He / Him / His
MollieSwift21 said:
When is the date we have to send this in by?

By midnight next Friday.

And decided to just feature the solo version of S&M for arguments sake - it would be stupid if a song missed out on it's placing because 2 versions of the same song were featured in the Top 20.

He / Him / His
My initial observation is that there really are only a sparse few unanimously popular Rihanna songs. Unlike artists like Girls Aloud and Britney, the voting seems to be incredibly polarised for a lot of her bigger hits, which, I guess, makes it more interesting, in the long run.

Nah, S&M will get the "current hit" high, and make it halfway. Something like If It's Lovin' or We Ride will be at the bottom, there's been enough time to forget them.

And yes, Break It Off should have been huge, they just didn't bother with it at all. No video, no promo, nothing. And it still hit number 9. I'll never understand how We Ride got preference.

He / Him / His
UPDATE
I've decided to have a Top 25 rather than a Top 20, as it would seem a bit trivial to just discard 9 out of 29 songs in one go, whereas discarding 4 out of 29 would be a pretty fair indication of the songs which are so unpopular they truly deserve to be discarded.

So now, voting will still finish on Friday at midnight (GMT) and this Saturday (30th April) I will announce the four songs which didn't make the Top 25 in one go, before announcing the 25th and 24th place later that night - m (in the same way inwhich they have been doing so with the Britney and Janet single rates - i.e. Single Artwork, a paragraphy about each. The final three will be announced on 11th May.

Mushroom3 said:
My initial observation is that there really are only a sparse few unanimously popular Rihanna songs. Unlike artists like Girls Aloud and Britney, the voting seems to be incredibly polarised for a lot of her bigger hits, which, I guess, makes it more interesting, in the long run.

I'm surprised. Looking through the list, there are very few songs I don't like.

MollieSwift21

Staff member
Just sent mine in, she did really good for me except for her collaboration some of them I really don't like. I hope Don't Stop the Music does good overall

I actually didn't realise how many singles she had! And so many good ones! Ima have fun marking these!

He / Him / His
As long as it's allowed, I'll be closing the voting at 10PM tonight (EST). It just seems alot easier when I haven't had any votes in today, the streams of votes seemed to come in the first 3 days and there seems to be a long list of people wanting to do their own "Singles Rates" so the quicker I get this one over with the easier it is for the people at the top of the list. I'll post the losing 4 songs at 10.15 and then the 25th and 24th songs later tonight.

It has begun!