Rihanna - Super Bowl 2023 + 9th Album | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna - Super Bowl 2023 + 9th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Sep 25, 2022.

1. I think this could (and should) be a given. It’s her second most popular song on Spotify and is almost at 1 billion streams (which would be the third ANTI track to hit that milestone).

Umbrella is absolutely going to be there. Same with We Found Love. After that, I really don’t know. I see Diamonds making the cut and maybe Only Girl (with a brief Don’t Stop The Music/Where Have You Been/SOS style moment too). I think we will also get Work and/or Rude Boy or What’s My Name with a sprinkle of Pon De Replay.

I also see FourFiveSeconds making the cut and honestly I wouldn’t be mad. It pops off live! I love Needed Me but it’s never really popped up live for me so I’m unsure on this one. I think the above list would be missing something in this vein though so I could see anything from an edited version of BBHMM, Pour It Up or a Hard intro.

Whew the fact that this still would be omitting heaps of her hits. Her power!

GimmeWork, Atlas, Jonathan27 and 5 others like this.
  2. Sam

Sam

I genuinely can’t fucking wait for this

3. Also, I absolutely do not see new music coming this year. Maybe we might get something early 2023 before the show but I’ll be shocked if it’s anything earlier.

4. King of adjusting his expectations!

GimmeWork, sesita, Maki and 2 others like this.
  5. GimmeWork, iRelate and Bobbyrae like this.
  6. Imagine the set opening with "Hard." No one would survive!

7. Yes, you will all get new clown make-up set.

Fenty Beauty - Welcome To The Clown College

8. The intro being her driving across the pitch in a diamond encrusted, Fenty branded car to Shut Up and Drive with Alyssa and Tatianna in the passenger seat...

I'm such an F word.

9. She’s gonna have to Diana Ross it and do one long ass medley of single chorus lines to fit in just the majority of her hits. Whew!

GimmeWork, Andrew, BreatheBox and 3 others like this.
  10. I hope she opens with Umbrella and flies down holding onto one like Mary Poppins.

11. She implied in a late 2019 (...) Vogue interview that she's been working on two albums, with one of them being reggae-inspired:

https://www.vogue.com/article/rihan...&utm_brand=vogue&utm_medium=social&verso=true

GimmeWork, CaliDevotion, tea and 2 others like this.
  12. As a medley with Saturday Night feat Natalia Kills. Two queens coming back the same night!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  13. r178327_2_1296x729_16-9(1).jpg
    I was bored.

14. This is an ice cold take.

Bslg17 and Lost In Japan. like this.
  15. Now Taylor, Beyoncé and all the replacement girls can take a break, 2023 will be a Riri only year and I already stan.

16. Ok wait, I'm spiralling in my ideal scenarios in my head.

What if she opens with ''The Wait is Over'' echoing and ends with ''That Rihanna reign just won't let up''.

*Screams*.

17. I hope that Taylor reads this and it will inspire her to release:
    Mornings
    Afternoons
    Evenings
    1989 TV

Andrew likes this.
  18. We are getting rugby players in just jockstraps for Rude Boy right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.