Rihanna - Unapologetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, NO to 'Right Now' being a single.

If she wants a club-banger go for 'Jump', it's so much better and far more interesting sonically. 'Right Now' is a sound that's been done to death. 'Jump' has a slick breakdown that you don't really hear much of in the charts. It sounds like it could be something from a underground DJ.

Loveeeeeee Song wouldn't do well in the UK, with a little push it's going to be a big hit in the US. I think Right Now for the next European single

To recall, it did the best besides "Diamonds" on release week. It probably charted in the lower rungs of the Top 100. R&B IS viable in the UK and Europe and the sooner artists/labels realize that the sooner they'll strike gold. It's like Kelly Rowland's "Motivation" vs "Down For Whatever" all over again. White people are not contractually bound to generic dance singles; you only need look a few years back to see how well crafted R&B can be absolutely huge with UK audiences.

Plus trap and this whole "ratchet&B" vibe is very hip/Pitchforky etc right now.

C

Consuelanono

To recall, it did the best besides "Diamonds" on release week. It probably charted in the lower rungs of the Top 100. R&B IS viable in the UK and Europe and the sooner artists/labels realize that the sooner they'll strike gold. It's like Kelly Rowland's "Motivation" vs "Down For Whatever" all over again. White people are not contractually bound to generic dance singles; you only need look a few years back to see how well crafted R&B can be absolutely huge with UK audiences.

Plus trap and this whole "ratchet&B" vibe is very hip/Pitchforky etc right now.

No offense, but why would you assume that white people are contractually obligated to "generic dance beats"? That sounds just as racist as me saying "You black people had a good run from 2002-2008".

No offense, but why would you assume that white people are contractually obligated to "generic dance beats"? That sounds just as racist as me saying "You black people had a good run from 2002-2008".

I don't assume, that's what the labels seemingly assume. Re-read my post.

C

Consuelanono

I don't assume, that's what the labels seemingly assume. Re-read my post.

I really don't think that's true either...dance music has always been bigger in Europe than it has in the US. That's just the way it is. It's not a white/black thing. It's a territorial thing.

White people are not contractually bound to generic dance singles; you only need look a few years back to see how well crafted R&B can be absolutely huge with UK audiences.

It's absolutely doing my head in that you're always the first to chirp up if something's even the slightest bit racially "involved", yet you just come out with this?

It's absolutely doing my head in that you're always the first to chirp up if something's even the slightest bit racially "involved", yet you just come out with this?

I only spoke on race once, funny now I'm branded as being over-sensitive or something.

EDIT: For clarification purposes: ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT.

Last edited:
For clarification purposes: I don't think it's okay to speak as a whole on behalf of "white people", regardless of context.

For clarification purposes: I don't think it's okay to speak as a whole on behalf of "white people", regardless of context.

So you would rather I allow the option of white people being unable to listen to anything besides dance? Pffffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.