Rihanna | Page 609 | The Popjustice Forum

Rihanna

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Breakfast2, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Rihanna's best song is probably

2. kal

kal

This still gives me the feels.

Edit to add: Rihanna has so many amazing bangers, but where she truly shines is on ballads. Her tone effortlessly conveys so much emotion. It’s just breathtaking.

3. Stay is maybe her best ballad (does Firebomb count?) - it's so gorgeous.

Unapologetic is a highly underrated album across the board. Still my favourite of hers I'd say. Not a cultural reset of course, but in many ways an important cultural shift.

Eric17, kal and Maki like this.

4. Cockiness (oop) found rotting as a single when this gem stayed unreleased.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I always forget about this but then when I remember it I love it all over again.

6. What Goes Around..., Rehab, and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You all in the space of two years? Wig upon wig upon wig

nikkysan, Milotic and stoicist like this.
  7. When people start reminiscing about Rihanna, I'm legally obligated to remind them they need to go back and listen to these classics that don't get enough attention:

All 12/10s. All would be career highlights in another universe.

Also, actually vaguely on topic, as much as I loved Breakin Dishes at the time (the student nightclub even used to play it regularly), this was the truly robbed single from Good Girl Gone Bad:

Mr.Arroz, RainOnFire, Eric17 and 7 others like this.
  8. Oh, we're talking underrated Rihanna classiques?

[​IMG]

9. Rihanna has so many amazing album tracks which deserve a mention that I don't even know where to start.

Yes! I love "Lemme Get That", one of my faves from "Good Girl Gone Bad".

This would be my pick as 'the single that never was' from that album:

10. An underrated cut.

[​IMG]

sesita, Crisp X, rdp and 2 others like this.
  11. Any love for "Loveeeeee Song" with Future? What a great song!

Mr.Arroz, sesita, FINISH LINE and 6 others like this.
  12. RJF

RJF

Wow I had no idea Rihanna was the world’s youngest female prime minister. She really is doing everything but music.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Maki likes this.
  14. TM

TM

“I can’t say when I’m going to drop,” she says (it could even be out by the time you read this). “But I am very aggressively working on music,” she adds, coyly.

“I don’t want my albums to feel like themes,” she says, taking a sip of wine. “There are no rules. There’s no format. There’s just good music, and if I feel it, I’m putting it out.” Does that mean that, contrary to reports, it’s not going to be a reggae album, I ask, trying to hide my disappointment. Rihanna chuckles. “Oh no, that is happening,” she reassures me. But on this, as in life, she won’t be pinned down. “I feel like I have no boundaries. I’ve done everything – I’ve done all the hits, I’ve tried every genre – now I’m just, I’m wide open. I can make anything that I want.”

From British Vogue

16. If ever there was a time for a surprise release.

I just don't think she has any music videos prepared in order to continue a compaign through all of this pandemic.

stuaw and Deleted member 22552 like this.
  17. Could she stop serving, your honour?

stuaw likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.