Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (2nd Album) | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Nov 13, 2021.

1. The key change is... jarring.

Glad to see the surrealist mole has a career of her own now!

Your Pretty Brains likes this.
  2. Can't decide whether this is good or just straight up horrific.

Assassin likes this.
  3. Just went through the whole Sawayama thread, specifically the album reactions. Glad she’s remaining a polarizing queen!

4. This being so divisive for such a straightforward pop banger is funny. Truly 2010s BPG teas.

slaybellz, Dijah., Milotic and 8 others like this.
  5. Has she always sounded this much like Gaga?

6. 3Xs

3Xs

It puts the fisted in hamfisted but melodically the chorus is pretty much bulletproof. I haven't been able to stop playing.

lushLuck and Sleepycat like this.
  7. Yeah I can’t stop listening to this. Can’t wait to attend the UK tour in Dublin!

8. This is so great. The fact she managed to put Michael Jackson, Shania, Lady Gaga and Girls Aloud into a blender and come out with a cohesive bop is a feat.

slaybellz, lushLuck and Sleepycat like this.
  9. Mission successful

I almost forgot about these descriptions also

10. I just think it’s iconic that she has Girls Aloud as a major reference point.

slaybellz, Island, Stewart and 19 others like this.
  11. This seems to be the tracklisting out of order.

- Hurricanes
    - Frankenstein
    03. This Hell
    04. Catch Me In The Air
    - Imagining
    - Minor Feelings
    - To Be Alive
    - Phantom
    - Forgiveness
    - Holy
    11. Send My Love to John
    - Your Age
    - Hold The Girl

Wishlight, Island, collxtion and 5 others like this.
  12. Any collaborations/features that we know of?

13. I think the people who have the album have said no features. All solo like SAWAYAMA.

We do know from registrations that Forgiveness is possibly a SAWAYAMA leftover she updated, since it was registered alongside with other leftovers called Flavour of the Month and Mission: U (we saw this title during the studio BTS), all done with the team who did Who's Gonna Save You Now?.

Island, Dijah., superultra and 3 others like this.
  14. When "Frankenstein" ends up being the Gaga leftover and Rina snatches what's left of that portion of her fanbase

Wishlight, Island, Dijah. and 7 others like this.
  15. Girls Aloud and Exposé album incoming!

Island, collxtion, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  16. I'd held off due to the divisive reaction it got on here and of course I'm bopping. I was convinced the song was about to end at the 3 minute mark so I was delighted to find a middle 8 and a guitar solo.

Also there's something in there that sounds eerily close to a Kelela LMK sample. I hope Kelela got enough coin from her PS5 scam (ddd) to not be tempted to sue.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. It's the same sound that's at the start of Michael Jackson's "Beat It". No idea what instrument it is, but I don't think it's unique to either song dd

LPMA likes this.
  18. I figured but the PS5 scam was the first thing that came to mind so I still had to post dddd

It's like that flute sound from Sadeness that's in a billion other songs.

19. Cause the Devil's wearing Prada
    And loves a little drama, ooh-ooh

upload_2022-5-22_2-49-50.png

Blond, Wishlight, Island and 15 others like this.
  20. This is gonna leak in 3 2 1 right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.