Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (2nd Album) | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Nov 13, 2021.

1. After calming down a bit listening to the song for fear of wearing it out I've now gone back to listening to it religiously after the video. I am so ready for the album!

blaze_dave likes this.
  2. What a joyous song/video! I wasn't sure about the choreography at first but loved the dancing scene in the church - wish we could have seen more of it!

lushLuck likes this.
  3. Video is fun, but it does feel a bit cheap/shoddily made. It is what it is, but it's a shame, because with a bigger budget and better execution it could have been a real moment.

4. Song of the year. Video of the year.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She really is great in the video but no way this is her best when these exist

- her looks in This Hell are meh compared to what she was giving during the RINA era

Serg., TRAVVV and Secret like this.
  6. I really enjoyed the video, it’s super fun and silly. Fits the song really well.

superloves and blaze_dave like this.
  7. I’m sad we didn’t get this shot

K94, Lander, Dijah. and 9 others like this.
  8. The director had one job...

TRAVVV, blaze_dave and Purple like this.
  9. First world problems but I miss the old logo and font. The new isn’t it at all!

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Late but I desperately need her to do a version of 1 Thing please and thanks.

Dijah., soratami and lushLuck like this.
  11. As an Asian I'm so proud to finally see a big pop girl moment from her. She deserves EVERYTHING + MORE. She is GLOWING in the video.

This Hell is that ultimate pop perfection. Her vocals during the pre-chorus *CHEF'S KISS*.

Hold the Girl will end me. I just know it.

Mr.Arroz, Lander, Dijah. and 9 others like this.
  12. How are baby cigs (and the old ones) meant to learn the choreography when it's filmed and edited like that? Kind of infuriating. I like the style of the video a lot but that one uninterrupted dance sequence is a glaring omission.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. Watch the live performance that will help!

Tracy Jacks, lushLuck and Laurence like this.
  14. Dreampopboy, Sam, sinner and 23 others like this.
  15. THIS HELL IS EVERYTHING. I need to stop sleeping on Rina.

Sam, Trinu 3.0, soratami and 5 others like this.
  16. This Hell has overtaken my brain, the number of times I can randomly hum the main guitar riff a day...

Sam, Trinu 3.0, superultra and 6 others like this.
  17. Looks like 'Catch Me In The Air' is coming soon.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 02.08.50.png

Serg., SiduousIII, Robert and 23 others like this.
  18. Another day, another cover.

19. And these are actual real magazines too.

20. I think Nylon’s is their fanzine supplement, which is annoying, but yes dd

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.