Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (2nd Album) | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Nov 13, 2021.

1. This is something The Corrs would release in their heyday, love it!

Slamb and Ferk like this.
  2. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

3. Another day another opportunity to stream this a fucking lot of times!

[​IMG]

LPT, TheOnlyOne, Ferk and 3 others like this.
  4. That's adorable.

Wishlight, ItBeats, lucasdc and 6 others like this.
  5. Living my early 00's Teen comedy aspirational end credits fantasy to this bop.

[​IMG]

Wishlight, lucasdc, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  6. Those pictures of Rina and her mum are cute. Very Gilmore Girls.

OMG she needs to cover Where You Lead!

AndrewX and blaze_dave like this.
  7. I added the album on Apple Music as soon it came out but this new song isn’t appearing in my library yet. Piece of crap.

8. I wasn’t feeling it as much yesterday but ‘Catch Me In The Air’ viciously scalped me this morning. As a certified Mama’s Boy it hits me right in the feels.

9. Apple Music is terrible with album pre-adds, try deleting the album and adding it again.

blaze_dave and Ferk like this.
  10. Yeah I don’t even bother anymore.

11. Honestly though that outro.

FINISH LINE likes this.
  12. Uh… I’m really rooting for this album, but this song comes out every other week with only slightly different lyrics on contemporary Christian radio.

happiestgirl, Sleepycat and cpr like this.
  13. Maybe they should start playing This Hell.

14. This just makes me want a Stacie Orrico cover of this, so I don’t think your comment had the intended effect

15. Well maybe I should start listening to contemporary Christian radio then!

16. That's kinda the point but you're straight so the subversion was never going to hit hard for you, sis! A Christian rock ballad about a queer child's love for their single mother despite their inability to understand one another?

Mama, look at me now, I'm flying!

17. Actually, Rina would kill this… lemme spam her so she can do it on BBC Live Lounge

18. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Is this finally Stacie Orrico stanning hour??? Yath, let’s all stream these iconique bawps from the Christian kween!

[​IMG]

Wishlight, ItBeats, tj-x and 24 others like this.
  19. I just— when I see pages of exhilarated posters and comparisons to The Coors or Kelly Clarkson, it’s like, then please, give me Breathless! Give me the tight verses, a bridge that soars into a massive chorus, and not just someone who’s listened to all those songs. Rina’s debut showed her ceiling is sky high, and I just think these first two songs see her settling for mid.

I’m sure there will be stuff on the album that works though, she’s too talented for there not to be. And I do want to reiterate, I’m not coming for Rina for sport, I’m a believer and have high expectations for her.

tea, Slamb and Ferk like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.