Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Nov 13, 2021.

1. I’ve been singing the Mamma Mia! chorus over Hold the Girl’s.

Mvnl likes this.
  2. impossibleprincess likes this.
  3. Yesasia.com has it.

BehindTheAura likes this.
  4. What a lovely video. The basement dance scenes were giving me “Born This Way” in a very good way.

blaze_dave and mindtrappa like this.
  5. Okay I was feeling that too, but didn’t want to say it because it already feels obvious that she’s pulling from Gaga dd. She’s her art mother for real.

MisterNovem and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  6. The vocal stylings on the track are also very Student of Gaga. I love it.

Bobbyrae and KYLE like this.
  7. She’s really out here assembling the ultimate pop album. Not a foot wrong so far.

Laurence and blaze_dave like this.
  8. Did I miss an announcement about the album being delayed? Her Insta is saying 16 September now.

9. Yeah, she announced it a couple weeks ago I think

blaze_dave and Music Is Death like this.
  10. She announced it with the release of Hold The Girl in a very iconic way and also said she's pre-releasing another song to keep us fed.

Also, I finally listened to her debut the other day and I have to say it's absolutely fantastic. I really should have listened to her music sooner.

11. What was the original album release date? I don't even remember.

Hold The Girl is great! Definitely getting the Like A Prayer and Gaga vibes. Also the UK Garage bits remind me of Beg For You dd.

Music Is Death likes this.
  12. I like Hold the Girl but the chorus always jars me, I was expecting something different

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The part stuck in my head was the bridge of Westlife's Bop Bop Baby??
    But I'm also sure there's a Loreen-esque (eurovision?) song I'm reminded of

14. September 2

Music Is Death and slaybellz like this.
  15. Oh ok so it got pushed back 2 weeks. That's not too bad.

Music Is Death likes this.

16. This is where I am. Album era 1 completely passed me by but I am living for this era.

Mvnl likes this.
  17. I've been a fan since the beginning and I think 'Hold the Girl' is honestly one of the best things she's recorded. Someone mentioned ESC earlier and it really does have that vibe. I really hope this turns into a hit for Rina. It's huge.

KamikazeHeart, TRAVVV, Secret and 5 others like this.
  18. Someone might've mentioned this already, but the chorus is sooo Bon Jovi to these ears? That tacky 80s big power pop chorus in the best way possible?

19. I'm trying to manofest - This Hell (is better with you!) Remix feat Shania Twain!! Colon the return.

Lander and TRAVVV like this.
  20. I want her to come to Tokyo for her next tour sooo bad. I’m surprised she hasn’t yet all things considered. Apparently she’s performing at Summer Sonic this year but the tickets are already sold out and it’ll only be like a 20 minute set..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.