Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Frankenstein is a BOP!

2. “Forgiveness” was probably my least fave, but it’s another very Kelly track to me.

3. Imagining has also leaked too

4. Imagining also leaked

EDIT: Not what I expected tbh but I like it

5. Will someone just do Satan's work and drop the entire thing?

6. “Holy” preview

7. Oh, Imagining is easily my favourite here, oh wow.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The ‘slay’ borders on parody at this point but everything I’ve heard sounds very promising

9. “slay” is a bit of a meme right now, it’s not being used seriously at all nn

Mvnl likes this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ah well then at least is came across as intended

11. The vocal editing on the verses of Imagining is clearly purposeful, but makes it sound like a feature instead of Rina - that being said, still a quirky, twitchy, bop! When the editing clears for the last section… ascending!

12. I'm holding out for the entire album L word but that "Holy" snippet is... holy.

13. I absolutely love Frankenstein, Forgiveness is cute (and clearly going to flow into Holy, which sounds like a banger, very excited for that) Imagining is a HUGE bop as well. I'm so ready for the whole album, hope it'll be out there in full soon.

mindtrappa likes this.
  14. "Frankenstein" and "Imagining" are massive, especially the latter. I'm excited to hear the album as a whole unit.

15. Okay, I lied and listened to "Frankenstein" and "Imagining" just once because you guys were making me anxious and they're so good. I'm gonna be hammering the album now that it's starting to get fall-y, omg. She sounds so angsty.

[​IMG]

superultra, Jóga and Music Is Death like this.
  16. She’s out there in vinyl rip quality.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    Music Is Death likes this.
  17. That didn't take long ddd. I'm sure the CD quality will soon follow.

18. Send My Love To John destroyed me.

[​IMG]

19. The way it sounds like there's witch-like cackling and sirens swirling in the background of Minor Feelings (if this is just the muddiness of the vinyl rip, ignore me).

[​IMG]

Music Is Death likes this.
  20. ddd "Imagining" is basically the throwback to the RINA days people wanted.

It's if Clarence put his whole Clarissy into it but demented. It basically sounds like if 100 gecs produced a RINA-era track.

Working with others resulted in largely productive experimentation, but I wouldn't be shocked, once I finish a full listen, that I come back to the easy conclusion that Clarence remains her strongest and most compatible producer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.