Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl | Page 98 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Nov 13, 2021.

1. The fake-out at the beginning of No. She gagged the soccer moms a bit

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

You're holding the wrong girl.

sesita, ItBeats, Mr Blonde and 19 others like this.
  3. Oops. Being a Megatron is scary and confusing

Mr Blonde, Dynamo, Milotic and 9 others like this.
  4. Wrong inner child I guess

Dynamo, Milotic, Ferk and 13 others like this.
  5. One of the best shows I've ever been to, and one of the sweetest artists I've met. The meet and greet was suuuuuuuuuuuuuper rushed by her staff since I think they were starting to run late but I was able to tell her that September was possibly the shittiest month of my life thus far and that her album was a source of escapism and perfect distraction for me, and she was so so cute and lovely. rina copy.jpg

Marquis, Staticboombox, CIOB and 30 others like this.
  6. The show was excellent as usual for her standards - great vocals and performance quality! She did a cover of You’re Still The One by Shania, which was great + a harmonized version of Send My Love To John with Lauren Aquilina, which was an incredible vocal display.

7. I went to see her last night (first time since 2018) and I have to say the show reminds me a lot of Kacey Musgraves’ Slow Burn tour in that the super tight, precise production felt like it deserved a way bigger venue. She got the crowd eating out of her hand and the atmosphere was electrifying, despite some of the weaker new materials. You can tell she has put so much thought into every element and I can’t not love a tryer.
    (Also the audience was like 70% her peers instead of teenagers… makes sense I guess ddd)

Anyway I just realized she hasn’t released any remixes for this album cycle? A bit strange.

Butterfly and lushLuck like this.

8. Can she just record this already? Heaven.

9. SHE’S DOING MADCOOL!!!

10. I hope it's not exclusive and she has a date also in bcn

11. I'm waiting for Hold The Girl: Remixed or something because no mixes this time is killing me.

12. She's on Graham Norton in the upcoming weeks

13. Holy shit, she looks SO good! What did she perform? I assume Hold the Girl.

LPT, Krissykins, Island and 15 others like this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

By now I think I can safely say this is my album (also (for me) new artist) of the year.
    Still on heavy rotation, I think the title track's the only one I occasionally skip because of overplay.

michaelhird, Robert, wodny and 2 others like this.
  15. She is my most listened artist of 2022 followed by Lizzo.

16. My TV guide says it's Hold The Girl.

blaze_dave likes this.
  17. What a performance, wow wow wow.

Sleepycat, Slamb, Robert and 3 others like this.
  18. Her best TV performance I'd say? A triumph, she should be proud of that.

Island, Sleepycat, Slamb and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.