Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA (Deluxe) | Page 182 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA (Deluxe)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Sep 17, 2017.

1. I’ve got tickets for Tuesday and have a vague memory of getting some in the mail but I’m not sure - where they actually sent out?

2. You’re a dream!!! Thank you for the update!

3. I've got tickets for the Tuesday show and have physical tickets that were sent spring of last year. I'm assuming we just use those?

I'm buzzing after some of the clips from the opening night!

4. Even when I saw her LA debut in 2017, I felt this. Aside from Rina, Charli XCX and I were the eldest in the room by about 5 years.

Island, lushLuck, LPT and 1 other person like this.
  5. I didn’t know Dice did paper tickets? My tickets are just on the app you just have to activate it from two hours before the show.

6. Oh my god! Iconic.

Trouble in Paradise and LPT like this.
  7. Whew, Just on my way home after tonight’s gig and I’d forgotten what an absolute electric performer she is! I wasn’t in the best of moods going because I was having to go alone but thankfully an acquaintance graciously let me crash their night and by the time the end of her set I literally couldn’t stop smiling. It’s always such a pleasure to get to see her live, but after two years it was really something special.

Biggest surprises of the night for me were just how much Akasaka Sad absolutely popped off and the way I actually enjoyed Chosen Family ddd.

My only minor disappointment was the lack of RINA representation, could have done with another song in addition to Cyber Stockholm Syndrome.

Also, did my ears deceive me or did HANA sample this during her set…

8. I just got back from the gig and the energy in the venue was so high, she was great, the crowd was obsessed with her, and the biggest surprise was the support act HANA, I was pretty much under her spell the entire time she was on stage.

Butterfly, Robert and blaze_dave like this.
  9. She really does deserve to do arenas because she’s pure electricity.

10. I went to the Dublin show and she was incredible. I can’t see her playing such small shows for much longer so it was really special to be able to see her in a more intimate venue. On a side note I can’t believe I only listened to RINA for the first time after the gig. It’s somehow even better than SAWAYAMA, it literally sounds straight out of 1999 or something, I’m obsessed. I can’t wait to see what she does next.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. Me reading everybody's experience watching her live:

[​IMG]

12. Anyone who has been to see Rina, is it the glitter/gold deluxe vinyl on sale at the merch stand?

Also @LPT you looked absolutely fabulous.

13. It seems to be the clear one that's appeared on a few sites:

michaelhird and blaze_dave like this.
  14. 5 stars from the Guardian is amazing

15. Glitter gold vinyl just arrived - was anyone else charged 79p for the sticker according to the despatch note?

16. Just seen her in Leeds. A display of absolute pop perfection and staggering star quality. Wow.

17. Gah I’m so happy seeing all these glowing reviews for her show. When I saw her in 2018 at Heaven she only had the EP and Cherry out, so there was little material or staging. But she still KILLLLLLLED it. Stage presence for days and and enigmatic performer all round.

Now that she has more to work with and the luxury of bigger stages, I’m just so excited to see her for the London shows!

18. These reviews comparing her to Googs warm my heart so much, it makes sense with my fantasy!

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  19. The album charted at #80. So happy for her.

20. I wish Through the Wire was a full song and not just an interlude, I can’t stop listening to it at the moment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.