Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA (Deluxe) | Page 85 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA (Deluxe)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Sep 17, 2017.

1. This is bad. And not in a good way.

Lately, Mr.Arroz and slaybellz like this.
  2. All of it feels very... wtf?

I know Dirty Hit is still considered independent and whatnot, but even without being on it she still managed to give us

I-

??????!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  3. Well, it's definitely a succession of moving images that play to the (amazing) song, isn't it?

mi|kshake, Wishlight, Lately and 3 others like this.
  4. This is a disappointment. Song remains 2020’s best, so at least she still has that.

poshbabyyy and elektroxx like this.
    Lander, Wishlight, Bolton and 6 others like this.
  6. The video exists. That's an undeniable fact.

Unfortunately, that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

mi|kshake, Lately, Grins and 3 others like this.
  7. VERY that.

8. It's not bad, it's just...yeah, I just had a feeling they were cobbling something rushed together after not being able to use (some of?) the original footage.

The song itself is still absolutely brilliant though, so I'm glad it finally has a visual.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. I don't think the original footage would have salvaged this.

It would still be a disjointed video made of random mixed and matched scenes of Rina moving around.

sigh

10. I mean, it was always going to be shots of Rina vamping for the camera. I don’t really see anything wrong with that, it’s that type of track. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost out on some other cool looks.

I really don’t mind this either, though. It’s clearly intentionally serving low budget dance video airing at 3am on MTV.

11. I dig the “Life On Mars? but make it streetwear” look a lot.

12. I kinda like it. "Crystal Castles - Baptism" but make it fashion.
    Of course the song screamed for some... High Budget Xtravaganza but hopefully they're saving for more later.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The video is horrendous, especially considering what's she's been able to deliver beforehand;

14. Umm...

slaybellz likes this.
  15. So......I don't know. I wish she stuck with some of the other looks. It is disappointing though after waiting so long for the video from the songs release.

16. This is atrocious

Mr.Arroz and slaybellz like this.
  17. Yeah I really don't think the scrapped scenes would have made much a difference. The spinning logo and text graphics were cute though I guess...

mi|kshake likes this.
  18. I kind of like it ddddd

19. It's a no from me, dog.

It could've worked, but it obviously doesn't. Disappointing, but not a big deal, the song is still great and so is she.

20. I really hoped...wanted...this to be a hit. I thought it could be. But not with that video. It really isn't complimentary to the song. On a positive note: Rina looks fucking fierce, as usual.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.