Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA | Page 130 | The Popjustice Forum

Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Am I the only one who thought Bad Friend was instant?

2. I loved it from first play. Was shocked when it came out and people didn’t feel the same, but maybe that’s why they didn’t like it.

3. I think the only track that didn't grab me is "Chosen Family," simply for the cheese factor. Now that's one of its strengths.

4. I'm a bad

I'm a bad

I'm a bad friend

[​IMG]

5. He

He

I adore the album, but Bad Friend and Chosen Family are my least favorite by far. The latter should have been put last, and the brilliant Snakeskin moved somewhere up for prime time.

Bad Friend has nice and interesting stuff going until the choir joins.

6. So don't ask me where I've been, been avoiding everything
    cause I'm a bad, I'm a bad, I'm a bad friend.

This hits hard.

7. Bad Friend is one of my favourites on the album it’s a really good pop ballad I think.

8. Are more copies of the gold vinyl being made? Rough Trade has it as a forthcoming item later this month.

My saga of missing out on Rina vinyl continues and I have no one to blame but myself.

9. Yep - I think it was actually just released May 15? Either way, I pre-ordered.

Bad Friend & Chosen Family were weak points on the album for me when I first listened, but now that I've actually absorbed the album, they're two highlights, dddd. They're just beautiful classic pop moments that, in another world, would be huge singles.

Dennis likes this.
  10. It’s was and still is my instant favourite from the album. I posted it to my story and it got a lot of love from the hetties in my life too!

11. R92

R92

I'm still not into Chosen Family, but Bad Friend had me hooked as soon as those vocodered background vocals came in on the first chorus and the production dropped away right at the same time.

12. 3Xs

3Xs

I love Chosen Family actually. Even though the placement in the track list should be jarring, somehow I always ease right into it. I like almost William Orbit-ish production which elevates it from just a basic ballad.

13. Bad Friend sounds like a Chainsmokers song, it's easily my least favourite.

14. Bad Friends is probably my favourite Rina song ever.

I like the video. Considering it probably cost about 25p to make it’s a cool little short film. It’s not quite what I pictured the video for Bad Friend being, but it continues to prove that Rina is an incredibly creative and interesting visual artist. She really cares about the medium of the music videos in a way that not many of her contemporaries do - her being a student of the Noughties Era Of Popstars really jumps out in the way that she visualises her songs.

Modeblock, Wishlight, Serg. and 7 others like this.
  15. Aside from Chosen Family, Snakeskin is probably the only other disappointment on the album. It's a great song for the first 1:15 and then just falls apart. It's like they had no idea what to do with it.

16. I also instantly loved the song. It is relatable song and her vocals really shine on it. The video is very different from what I thought it would be but enjoyable.

slaybellz and blaze_dave like this.
  17. I’m with you

blaze_dave and slaybellz like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

STFU is still the weakest for me hhhh but the album is a triumph - the run from Comme Des Garçons to Tokyo Love Hotel is exceptional stuff

19. I just got ran over by a 18 Wheeler Truck called : Paradisin’

Last edited: May 22, 2020

20. bgfkjnfgnbkfjgnbkjgjknjbkjgf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.