RIP Amy Winehouse

It was already posted. Anyway, I had a 'moment' a little while ago where it finally hit me that she was gone. It's really sad. Like I said, I doubt a comeback was ever going to happen but it's always sad when someone goes so young.

The most obvious thing everyone is saying is how cruelly ironic Rehab is now, but the song that gives me that odd feeling of loss is You Know I'm No Good. The chorus especially is just weird now. I don't know what to make of it.

Just looked at the PJ front page, read it, put on Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow. I tears.

Saw her E! THS today, showed a young girl in love with music. I don't care what anyone says about her, this is so fucking tragic. She has been dying for 4,5 years unneccesarily. I can only imagine how much amazing material we could have seen over the past few years if she hadn't been so troubled, and will never now. It feels like such a huge loss and we never even knew her. I wish someone could have saved her. In years to come people will ask, how did she die.. and we will say 'listen to her music..'

I actually do hope they release a posthumous album with the finished tracks she did for the 3rd album (if there are any, but I assume there are).

I only want to hear new music if it is new and not just Back to Black or Frank rejects, and if it doesn't have random features everywhere, also I fear for how anything would sound anyway with the state of her voice on It's My Party.

Echoing what someone said earlier, it still doesn't seem that it's all happening.
To accomplish so much basically on the massive success of one album is brilliant. Whatever about her personal life, her music will live on and that will be her legacy.

RIP Amy

T

Tommie

RJF said:
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the tribute on the front page is so wonderfully Popjustice. It's incredibly simple, but deeply effective.

I posted it a few pages ago and yes, it's very effective - because, really - what else is there to say? We all kind of expected it, yet it feels so hopeless. There was nothing anyone could do and all that remains is the amazing music she's left behind. It's just...

Amy.

What else can you say?

Someone commented on a DS post saying 'The world is a darker place without the shining star'..but it almost feels like 'Shes finally a shining star away from the darker place'

Numerology said:
The most obvious thing everyone is saying is how cruelly ironic Rehab is now, but the song that gives me that odd feeling of loss is You Know I'm No Good. The chorus especially is just weird now. I don't know what to make of it.

I'm so glad you've said this, because I've always thought it was the better song of the two, and it's more affecting as well. It may lack the urgency of 'Rehab', but it's probably my favorite of hers.

I'm listening to Frank (of course), and the one line I don't understand but always overlook: "you should be stronger than me...but instead, you're longer than frozen turkey!"

Does anyone know what that means?

My favourite Amy song is You Sent Me Flying. The section that got me was this ...

"I knew the truth, when it came, would be to that effect
At least you're attracted to me which I did not expect
Didn't think you get my number down and such
But I've never hated myself for my age so much"

I always found that really heartbreaking. And then to follow it up on the (same track on the) album with Cherry was just genius - a heartbreaking song about being dumped coupled with a jaunty little ditty about your guitar being your lesbian lover was just brilliant.

I'll miss Amy for that quirkiness and being able to break my heart and make me smile within the same 6 minutes and 51 seconds.

I am disappointed she never got to return to the hip-hop edge that she loved. You could hear it in Frank, but I really think she would have made it part of an absolute masterpiece with a third album.

Had she sobered up, she would have had so many stories to tell...