RIP Amy Winehouse

Is Blake really to blame for all that befell Amy? I mean, she was doing drugs before and after him...so...wasn't it really that whole environment, and not him specifically?

I think Amy's drug abuse is more the reflexion of other problems than just a question of 'environment'.

KhiaShamone said:
Is Blake really to blame for all that befell Amy? I mean, she was doing drugs before and after him...so...wasn't it really that whole environment, and not him specifically?
BLAKE DUN KILLED HER SHE NEVA TOUCHED DRUGS B4 THEY GOT TOGETHA

Have seen many misguided words of this nature on various Amy videos on YouTube.

Kirkland said:
Lady Gaga is supposedly up for the Amy biopic currently 'in the works'. I think she would be perfect actually.

I read that too.

That could potentially be very interesting, although we have no idea whatsoever of her acting capabilities.

I'm sure there will be uproar from some holier-than-thou hipster pricks though.

Can you imagine Lady Gaga playing Amy Winehouse?

"Crack is my inspiration, I've got to keep making music for my little monsters beehives all around the world. I live halfway between fantasy and reality Camden and St Lucia at all times."

They'd probably get Zooey Deschanel to play Dionne Bromfield, Tilda Swinton to play Blake, and Mickey Rourke as Mark Ronson.

J

JadeFan

That's probably a stupid rumour. Wasn't Gaga lined up to play Madonna in a biopic once?

JadeFan said:
That's probably a stupid rumour. Wasn't Gaga lined up to play Madonna in a biopic once?

I don't think there's any 'probably' about it!

I am also extremely sceptical about today's story re: setting up a rehab HQ in her home.

a) that's really morbid
b) I expect the neighbours on that street would have to be consulted
c) all of these stories come from mysterious 'insiders'

JadeFan said:

That silly rumour began in the National Enquirer, as everybody knows is the most credible source. Way to milk Amy's death with Gaga to sell tabloid.

J_c said:
I just realized that after 4 years of having the album Back to Black that she sings in the title song "you love blow and I love puff" - make's me love the song even more.

But what does.............

"And life is like a pipe
And I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside"

Mean.

I've never understood that line.

Kirkland said:
Lady Gaga is supposedly up for the Amy biopic currently 'in the works'. I think she would be perfect actually.

I don't really think her ego would allow it.

Baby Clyde said:
J_c said:
I just realized that after 4 years of having the album Back to Black that she sings in the title song "you love blow and I love puff" - make's me love the song even more.

"And life is like a pipe

Mean.

For the longest time I thought she sang "And life is like a Pie" which I thought was a weird line, but then she has used food in song(s) before, so didn't think much of it till I looked at the lyrics online.

This has encouraged me to re-read through the lyrics booklet.

I always thought that in Rehab she said "I don't ever want to drink again" which I thought was a bit of an uncharacteristically disingenuous thing for Amy to say.

However, upon reading, she actually says "I don't never want to drink again, I just need a friend".

That's better.

Rhombus said:
Can you imagine Lady Gaga playing Amy Winehouse?
Well if they did make a biopic I'd want it to be totally crass.

The only decent 'celebrity' biopics are the ones that take the legend and make it 20 times more legendary than it already is. I can't be doing with those that try to show 'the real person'... they offer less in that regards than any other media portrayal (documentary, biography etc...) and just make the subject in question more boring and less legendary.

Lady Gaga would be shit though, it calls for an actress who would chew the scenary not one who fills scenary up with loads of random shit to make things more interesting.

Paging Faye Dunaway.

S

SockMonkey

Well you know, maybe a biopic is what we need, as there was so much about Amy's life that was never documented in the press. You never knew what she was doing from one day to the next, or who she was sleeping with, or getting married to, or which pubs she liked, or what shoes she liked to wear, or whether she ever went to different countries and spent all day getting drunk - we knew none of that.

Oh...hang on.

Winona Ryder would be utterly perfect to play her, I know she's a bit older, but she would just be prefect.

NO to Lady GaGa though, unless they want it to be a comedy.

he / him
Baby Clyde said:
J_c said:

"And life is like a pipe

Mean.

I always thought it meant going against the grain. Like, rolling back up the pipe of life the wrong way.

Weezerfan said:
JadeFan said:

I don't think there's any 'probably' about it!

I am also extremely sceptical about today's story re: setting up a rehab HQ in her home.

a) that's really morbid
b) I expect the neighbours on that street would have to be consulted
c) all of these stories come from mysterious 'insiders'
I saw this on the front of the papers today and was a bit shocked to be honest.

I go past it on my way to work every day, its all residential and her house isn't that big. I can't imagine the neighbours allowing it.

passionoia said:
Paging Faye Dunaway.

Ha that's exactly what I was just thinking but as I posted in another thread recently, they just make em like her anymore.

Obviously Lady Gaga will not be playing Amy in a biopic. I can't believe anyone would even post such nonsense. Even less that anyone would think it was a good idea!!!