Rise of the Planet of the Apes | The Popjustice Forum

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikl C, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Surprisingly amazing. Some naked James would have been much appreciated, but otherwise it was most entertaining!

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I really enjoyed it too. Tom Felton is carving out a career playing evil bastards, isn't he?

Hopefully Mr Franco's character is one of the humans that doesn't die when the disease spreads.

3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I was surprised there wasn't already a thread, but there was some discussion in the general movies thread. But as I said in there, I think this was my favourite of the 'big' summer movies. It just all worked.

4. Dag

Dag

Really liked this as well. I'm glad it's doing well, because I'd love to see where they go with the sequel.

5. I really really enjoyed it, although Tom's accent was a bit crap!

6. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Oh, it was. I laughed when he said the famous line from the original film though.

7. The next film has to flash-forward 10 years - War of the Planet of the Apes... the monkeys have taken control of New York

8. I watched this today.

Apart from some really dodgy CGI, it was really well made.

I welled up a few times as well.

Looking forward to the next one.

9. The trailer for this looked VERY dodgy when I saw it on TV. Dreadful CGI.

But I love the original films, even the low-budget sequels. Because they had some neat ideas floating around, despite the restrictions. Give me that over CGI any day.

(The other remake by Tim Burton was crap as well).

10. The CGI looks really good in some places & in others it was absolutely terrible, blurry & almost cartoonish I thought.

I love the original as well as most of the sequels (especially the second one), I don't mind the remake, it's not brilliant but I didn't think it was terrible.

11. That's exactly how I'd describe it in the trailer. Put me right off. At first I thought it was an advert for some sweets or a drink.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.