Rita Ora - General Discussion | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Rita Ora - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by IAmRockstar, Dec 15, 2011.

1. I think that's produced by Chase & Status (it's called R.I.P. according to RapUp) because in one of the videos where you could hear the vocals too, it sampled Nneka's 'Heartbeat'. Not sure though. Could be a Stargate + The xx affair kind of thing.

2. Any idea when we can expect her own music then? I know they're probably waiting to see if "Hot Right Now" blows up a bit but surely we can't be far away.

3. It will be soon I imagine. She had her 1st headlining gig at YoYo the other night.

She performed a song called Roc The Life. Her live vocals are really impressive actually, especially some of those belts at the end!

4. Her vocs on that are fantastic, the hooks not good though, t'll get lost in the ether, she needs something more original.

5. Rita Ora:
    Interesting! Would love to hear that 'R.I.P.' song in full, the instrumental sounds SO GOOD!

6. OOh.. I wonder what the shoot with Tinie is about. Possibly shooting another music video?

Anyway, Hot Right Now is #1 in midweeks.. YES! I'm hoping they get Party and Bullshit out in the next few weeks on radio.

7. Wow that list of collaborators is one of the best I've ever seen.

She's got a great voice but her DJ fresh feature is okay but very throwaway. Anybody could be signing it and the production will get old quickly. I'm looking forward to her own output.

8. I've only heard the DJ fresh song, and i'm already obsessed. Her on a Diplo track? I would die.

DIE. In fact, in a perfect world, she would have recorded the demo for Usher's 'Climax' and it would've leaked by now.

9. It's her first single! And it is called R.I.P!

10. She looks like a mix of Pixie Lott, Beyonce and Rihanna.

I totally, totally love her.

11. I love that she cites Gwen as her biggest inspiration. Very promising.

12. Yeah, I'm thinking perhaps 'Party and Bullshit' will be her single for the US and 'R.I.P' with Tinie Tempah might be the UK one? I imagine it'd be hard to get a song will 'bullshit' in the title played in the UK!

13. Wow decided to check her out after that awful song Hot Right Now but she actually seems really promising. That producer list is INSANE for a debut artist, I can see her being big (as long as she avoids will.i.am like the plague-he has gone to shit recently). Just hate the DJ Fresh song, not her fault though its just a bad song. Any links to studio versions of other songs (not really interested in hearing live songs yet).

14. DJ Fresh's Hot Right Now is officially #1.

15. Good. I love the song! I hope it appears on her album. Then atleast if the world does what it usually does and abandons the good artists the album sticker can say "INCLUDING THE #1 'HOT RIGHT NOW'

16. With REALLY good sales figures. Well over 100k.

17. Also a few days ago Vincent Did It (FrankMusik) said that he's going to reproduce the track he did with Rita and leak it! So guess that didn't make the album.

She seems to have a lot of people in the media rooting for her as well. Rap Up, Radio 1, 1 xtra, SB.TV - looks good for her

18. Even Thatshitgrapejuice are "rooting" for her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.