Rita Ora - How To Be Lonely & 3rd Album | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Rita Ora - How To Be Lonely & 3rd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Jan 10, 2020.

Island likes this.
  2. Apparently the Get A Little Closer "leak" is a remix.

Mikal likes this.
  3. Remember when she released Covid19 merch.

jawow_, Murdoch and Mikal like this.
  4. It sounds like four remixes playing simultaneously teebs.

5. Yes! That is indeed it. They were calling it Pink Champagne at one point as well.

I’ve seen fan lists posted before on Twitter or ATRL but can’t locate them now. They were generally comprised of songs that she’d mentioned and things that have leaked (both from the pre and post Poison version of RO2). Here’s a few that I can think of from the pre-Poison version:

I Will Never Let You Down
    Get A Little Closer
    Touch The Sky
    Champagne Lights
    Out of Love
    Fairytale Lies
    Slamming Doors
    Last Love (?) (something she performed at a showcase)
    Before You Came (clip from the Made In America documentary)

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  6. Sam

Sam

Wasn’t there a song called Testosterone, too?

Island likes this.
  7. The backing track is always slightly different, so I'm assuming she's not allowed to sing on the original-original.

Get A Little Closer was supposed to be single #2 if memory serves. Touch the Sky was never really addressed, she only performed it... twice, I think.

The Sia version leaked and well...

Best she didn't release it, really.

poppop likes this.
  8. Yes, I was going to say that would’ve been for the Poison era version of the album, but I’m not 100% sure when it was recorded.

I don’t think it would be because of that, as anything to do with the composition (lyrics, etc) would be an issue. But in any case, that apparently ended awhile ago. (And apparently he’s still referring to it as “me knocking myself off number 1”). If it’s to do with any type of issue, I think it’s more likely Roc Nation owning the master.

9. Given her previous balloon post, it seems she has a balloon fetish.

Mikal likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Maybe Balloon is the next single's title? OR she's covering this classic??

TRAVVV, spaceship and Sam like this.
  11. I can't believe I'm only just now reading this quote jkafsdksD oh my god. Poor Rita

Laurence and Verandi like this.
  12. I still can't believe they wouldn't have used the Prince collaboration, even on Phoenix, just for the sheer name power. Nicole using Power's Out years later teas.

Neon Green, nooniebao, Bslg17 and 3 others like this.
  13. Queen is already straight back in the studio and promising new music ''soon.''

Runawaywithme, munro and Island like this.
  14. What she means = 'asked Gerry Cinnamon for some demo, waiting xx'.

15. I thought 2020 would be more musically prolific for the manager of Fat Ora Burger teebs. Disappointing.

Utopia, Island and Smooth Criminal like this.
  16. I think Sony owns these songs and I don't think they would give those away after all the drama between them.

17. Her favourite word <3 xx

Robsolete likes this.
  18. It’s actually her same home studio that she’s been working in throughout quarantine. (In part with Joséphine de La Baume and their DJ/producer friend Chloé Caillet). She had said when quarantine started that she had had sessions scheduled with writers/producers for April, May, June, etc and didn’t know exactly what would happen yet - I expect they’ve likely been doing the most remotely.

Robsolete likes this.
  19. I think “Ritual” might be one of my favorite songs of the last five years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.