Rita Ora - Phoenix | Page 188 | The Popjustice Forum

Rita Ora - Phoenix

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Melodee, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It completely boggles my mind that she’s not managed to get an album out after the whole Calvin debacle, and it’s not like we’ve even had any indication that there is an album following any of these singles.

2. So this is not happening at all huh?

3. Island

Island Staff Member

This thread has so many stages. I love it.

Square likes this.
  4. Given that her lawyers stated in the suit that she's completed several albums that she's not been permitted to release and that she mentioned arguing with the label over tracks/sound around last summer (and that they did a shoot, that she was performing & speaking about new songs at her US shows, that she'd said it was wrapping up being mixed/mastered, and then when X Factor ended/right before she filed she'd said "back to recording") ...To me, it seems like it was down to Roc rejecting the album, whether in whole or in part. (That is also why Bridget Kelly left). Which I'm guessing is a cycle that's been going on for awhile, probably since she signed.

TRAVVV and curiosity like this.
  5. Got an alert from this thread...couldn't remember posting in it...turns out it was a post from 2014. MKS, eat your heart out.

Island likes this.
  6. Was it @Island liking every post ever in this thread?

Island likes this.
  7. Queen of finding new homes for unwanted tracks
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ainor-lends-Rita-Ora-track-for-new-album.html

Bslg17 and Noir like this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

She would.

With that title.

She would.

I love her.

9. Amazing.

10. Justice for #TESTOSTERONE.

11. It's never coming out though?

12. Did she ever reveal the album title? I remember her saying it was being named after a Goddess of love but that it wasn't Aphrodite.

13. I refuse to give up on her/this album.

2014 likes this.
  14. Shelvdia or Inlimboa?

Wishlight, RHOPJ, TRAVVV and 2 others like this.
  15. Probably Venus then?

16. Nike. (Not a goddess of love, but the crossover-branding-coin was too good to pass up.)

TRAVVV and Vasilios like this.
  17. Top Answer Game flashbacks.

18. Possible
    [​IMG]

19. Wasn't it going to be 'Rati', the Hindu goddess of love?

Which was brave because most people would just pronounce it as 'ratty'.

20. Anagram queen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.