Rita Ora. | Page 390 | The Popjustice Forum

Rita Ora.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Melodee, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Oh wow, For You is amazing. I've been blasting it in the car volume 30+, windows down everywhere I go.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. For You's name on Spotify changed again... first For You (Fifty Shades Freed) (with Rita Ora), then For You (Fifty Shades Freed) and now says For You (Fifty Shades Freed) (& Rita Ora)... what a disaster, the total plays for the song on my Last.fm account are confused

Sprockrooster likes this.
  3. WTF is Freed

Sanctuary likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Moderator

The complete refusal to have it just Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For You. Fucking hell.

5. Background vocalists have done more than Liam on songs before and not been credited. It really is obscene.

6. I actually think Rita could sell this song more than Liam in the UK - his last single kind of flopped and he has yet to get an album out. So does she in terms of a second album but right now she's arguably bigger than he is as a solo artist.

Ferk and Txetxu like this.
  7. His last 2 singles flopped, if you count the one with Zedd.

Where is the tracklist? She's touring the album in 4 months. If the tour ends up being a greatest hits tour...

8. I live in constant fear of 'Girls' tanking this rapidly building momentum and fucking the album release at the eleventh hour.

K94, joe_alouder, RJF and 1 other person like this.
  9. If Girls is a hit then these last few pages of the thread will literally be 'we worried all for nothing'

10. W2K

W2K

I’m assuming it’s been mentioned that For You would be a damn sight better song if Rita was solo on it?

sesita and Ferk like this.
  11. The Fifty Shades franchise has the habit of tagging their film titles to the lead singles from their soundtracks.

lushLuck and Vasilios like this.
  12. Not really? It's virtually solo as is.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. Surely Rita has sold more records than Liam in 2017 and for all intents and purposes has 3 big hits under her belt which he... doesn’t. The misconception that he’s more successful because he’s a young “hot” male from a big boyband is gross. Not by anyone on this forum obviously but I just get that vibe from the release.

I mean there’s no point having a fawning girl fanbase and big social media following if no ones buying the music. We need the audience to actually buy the album.gif

14. I think they both worth together well on the song, but I can't for the life in me comprehend why he's credited first, when she's the first one we hear on the record and seems to be more prominent on it as well.

15. I'm just really happy Liam was invited.

16. Hasn't it already be suggested that Liam only got top-billing because he is actually signed to Republic, the label who will be releasing the soundtrack, thus the label promoting him over Rita, who is signed to Atlantic?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Heaven on Earth, Island, K94 and 6 others like this.
  17. Isn't it the case that as a global franchise single, he is the bigger global star (sadly)?

Heaven on Earth, Vasilios and aniraz like this.
  18. And I mean this in terms of "One Direction have more name recognition in the USA than Black Widow" (sadly)

19. It’s honestly sad that Rita is only really known in the US for being that girl that Wendy Williams is obsessed with that always appears on red carpets for no reason.

20. And the best host of ANTM, obviously...

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.