Riverdale | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Riverdale

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by VivaForever, May 24, 2016.

1. He is shirtless A LOT. My bussy wasn't prepared. Also, the guys who play Moose and Chuck are beyond dreamy.
    The Archie/Betty/Veronica dynamic in this gives me major Dawson/Joey/Jen vibes, the 'Archie sleeping his teacher' is very Pacey, Cheryl Blossom is their Abby, and Kevin is their Jack.

It's also one of those teen shows where the parents get plots of their own, and Betty's mom is giving me hope for a new Julie Cooper.

2. I don't want Archie to be hot... just cute.

Seger, lushLuck and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I know what you mean. He needs to be a bit more boy next door...

I really want this to be something I can obsess over though.

4. Yeah, 'sexy Archie' is a strange concept that definitely takes some getting used to. That said, it is The CW.

Island and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  5. Thank God.

6. After abandoning Once Upon A Time and Supernatural this season (after 11 years!) I'll be needing a new show so this can't come soon enough.

7. If I'm not mistaken, it's premiering on the 26.

Lowkey hype about this.

Andrew.L likes this.
  8. The promo has been amazing, I can't wait.

9. This looks awesome - is it contemporary with a 60s maltshop gloss or actually set in that era?

Andrew.L likes this.
  10. At a guess, maltshop gloss.
    It's the most excited I've been about a teen drama since the first season of Gossip Girl, and we know how that turned out.

11. I watched the IGN review of the first 4 episodes today and they love the fact its contemporary but also feels quite 50's.

If anything I am a bit too hyped for this, I hope it can live up to it.

12. Hmm stupid question maybe, but is there a way to know if they have/will get a Netflix deal? A lot of the "new-ish" CW shows get added on Netflix the day after they have premiered on TV, but then there's also all the old shows (Supernatural, TVD, etc) that are the usual "one-season-later" affair, so I don't know.

It doesn't really matter in the end, but it would just be much easier and convenient.

13. They have a deal with Netflix U.K. so will be put on the day after, like with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which is how I intend to watch.

diamondliam likes this.
  14. Excited for others to see this so I finally have people to discuss it with.

15. I'm still mad that Archie's hot.

16. Hot or not, Archie's hair looks so incredibly phony I don't know if I could ever enjoy watching this show without being completely distracted by it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Mr Blonde, Island and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  17. Is Kevin in this? I haven't seen him in any of the press shots...

18. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

19. Moose was my favourite in the comics.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  20. Yep, he's a major character.

Island likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.