Riverdale | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Riverdale

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by VivaForever, May 24, 2016.

1. Mess.

Island likes this.
  2. I prefer him to Archie.

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Archie's hair looks like a bad cosplay wig.

Mr Blonde, Island and chris4862 like this.
  4. Honestly, in any tv-show, wigs/hair get better with every season, when they start putting more budget into hair stylists because they know they can afford it at this point. (And also, hair stylists start to understand what works best on these actors, etc). Literally every teen drama ; Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, etc. You name it.

In Archie's case, I can imagine it's being super "red"/"orange" right now so it screams "Archie from the comics!", but when it's settled that he is indeed Archie and that they start drifting away the original material, I can already see him rocking a more subtle color.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  5. Honestly I don't know why they don't just hire drag queens to do TV show and movie wigs. Surely Vivienne Pinay needs a job. How could anyone forget this shake and go?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. Not The Good Wife!

4Roses, lushLuck and diamondliam like this.
  7. Wait at the guy playing Archie being my age.

And younger than me by 3 months.

8. The music in this is basically a Popjustice wet dream. Tegan & Sara, Santigold, Tove Styrke, Johnny Jewel, M83 in the pilot alone. Amazing.

9. I'm liking this. I'll for sure stay tuned for the next episode.

lushLuck and Island like this.
  10. I think I'll end up waiting for the Blu-ray release.

11. I loved it. Cheryl Blossom is hilarious.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Another fan here...

What a bloody strong opener, it looks so good, and I'm already feeling sucked into it all. Give me Jughead over Archie any day though... I'm ready for scandal, and broken hearts and more neon baths.

13. It was good.
    Not absolutely hooked right away, but I am definitely watching next episode.

14. It lived up to my expectations. Can't wait to see where this goes

lushLuck likes this.
  15. The ratings are being described as 'soft' with a 0.5 in the demo. Really gutted they weren't higher but hoping it does well on netflix, I need a new teen show that will be on air multiple seasons.

AshleyKerwin, -tastic and Andrew.L like this.
  16. I think the demographic 15-25 don't really know what Archie is these days, but I can see this catching on by word of mouth. The pilot was really good, and I'll definitely be recommending this to my friends.

lushLuck and Andrew.L like this.
  17. Charley

Charley Staff Member

This was everything I was hoping it would be.

lushLuck and stopthestatic like this.
  18. First episode was definitely intriguing, I'll keep watching.

I've an asexual friend who is really unhappy that they seem to be retconning Jughead's asexuality. I'm hoping they've just decided to reveal it over the course of the show, and I know the actor wants it to remain part of the character.

19. Nothing really grabbed me until the final four minutes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.