Robopop: The Return | The Popjustice Forum

Robopop: The Return

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jsd, Jan 22, 2007.

1. jsd

jsd

I've seen this compilation mentioned in various threads but it's so good that I thought it deserved its own. Brilliant 2-cd compilation of modern electro pop. Although it does include some head scratchers (who really needs another copy of Goldfrapp's "Ride a White Horse") for the most part it is made up of lesser known but excellent acts including PJ front door faves like SuperJupiter, Lorraine and Dragonette.

It's a 2 CD set and unlike most mixed/unmixed sets where the mixed disc is just the unmixed tracks with the ends crossfaded, in this case the mix disc is actually a whole new animal. It's presented as a proper DJ set with different versions used in many cases.

More info and track previews here: http://www.planetclique.net/

2. And not forgeting the first release to feature the newly named 'The Modern'.... MATINEE CLUB, unfortunately whenever I think of the new named 'The Modern' I think Manitee Club, and I don't think I'm ever going to shift the association now. Grr.

Also nice to see Prince Harry on there by the Sohodolls, they're a wicked band. 'Bout time they got their album out though!

But yes, it looks to be a great album. So far I've just picked out me fave tracks and iTunes them (mainly to complete Soho and Modern/Manitee Club song voids!)

3. There's a few tracks I really can't stand on there (The Knife, Temposhark, Robots in Disguise and Ping Pong Bitches can sod right off frankly so on) but that still leaves about 12 tracks I love to bits.

Particular favourites are "Knights" (whose male member, coincidentally, is one of the hottest men I've ever seen) , Macondo, Superjupiter, Formatic and - of course - Dragonette.

I hope they do some more. It's such a good album.

And hopefully Matinee Club will finally get their bloody album out soon. I'm fed up waiting.

4. yeh only bought this so i could have toyko girls but was a bargain at £6
    apparently "discotech francais" being released in march now and video filmed. album later in year! (better have bloody "seven oceans" on it)

5. Aaronstory

Aaronstory Guest

I downloaded this comp this past weekend. Excellent stuff overall (although I'm with those above - there are always some tracks you can't stand on compilations - ie temposhark (sigh) )

Didn't realize there was a second disc. I'll have to buy it. :)

6. Don't feel you have to - it's only a mixed-together version of disc one!

The individual tracks are where the real glory is.

7. jsd

jsd

the mixed disc contains all different mixes/versions to disc one. i think both discs are worthwhile.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.