Robyn - Honey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so looking forward to getting a HQ recorded live show of Robyn in 2018 thou we shall feel blessed. If she performed Honey it’s be the highest quality recording we’ll have. On the other hand watch he perform all old stuff and then Missing U at the end.

Listened to the single a few times now and I really like it. The use of the word residue is a bit upsetting but an emo bop is an emo bop.

I don't know if after all these years I just changed tastes and do not like Robyn as much as I did before, but I am not too mad about the song, It's great, the production may sound a bit too similar to her Body Talk years, but it still works, on the other hand... the melody sounds a bit familiar, the production is good, but at the same time I wished to hear something new and different from her, it's been 8 years, but it is still a cute song

With 8 yrs since her last proper solo release y'all should take what she gives you and just be happy it's happening at all.

This may be an unpopular opinion but with the lapse in time I actually kind of hope she goes the Body Talk route and spreads the release out over time with EPs, that way we can savor the era.
It's also possible that I just have ptsd that after waiting so long just to see the Liberation era come and go with a blink.

Missing U gets a major Nope from me. The verses are super clunky, and everything falls apart after the second chorus, like a long ,boring, overdrawn middle-8 turned outro - turned half-hearted chorus. I can't believe I'm saying this , but I even found the vocal mixing to be atrocious. Back to Body Talk for the time being!

he/him
Missing U gets a major Nope from me. The verses are super clunky, and everything falls apart after the second chorus, like a long ,boring, overdrawn middle-8 turned outro - turned half-hearted chorus. I can't believe I'm saying this , but I even found the vocal mixing to be atrocious. Back to Body Talk for the time being!
What am I reading in here on this day

If someone would like to kindly explain what is so offensive about preferring the radio version over the rough mix sounding original version, I’ll be right here.

The radio mix deliberately and cynically softens and sparkles up “Dancing On My Own” and removes a lot of its depth in the process. It’s supposed to be fairly spiky and hysterical, and that juddering, stabbing, artillery fire production matches that perfectly. Like, I’m in the corner, watching him kiss her, and I’m upset, but I’m also pressed as hell. I’m right over here, why the fuck can’t you see me?! The radio mix is toothless by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.