Robyn - Honey

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the descriptions and bits of lyrics I’d seen beforehand I’d assumed this was a love song or about sex. And on one level it is...there’s an undeniable sexiness to it. But, and not to get too personal, as someone who has always struggled with depression and insane anxiety, it hits me on a much deeper level than that. It’s a hopeful, almost spiritual really, song but there’s an undercurrent of sadness lurking just beneath the beats but...within the song at least...that sadness is okay. It feels at peace. It’s going to sound insanely cheesy but listening to this song through headphones is honestly the calmest I’ve felt in...years. Even if just for a few minutes. There’s just something within the song...in its lyrics, the beat....that’s so incredibly soothing. I...honestly needed this I think. The world is so fucked up right now. But ‘Honey’ makes it...if not okay then at least more bearable...even if only for four minutes and fifty four seconds.
I love youuu

From the descriptions and bits of lyrics I’d seen beforehand I’d assumed this was a love song or about sex. And on one level it is...there’s an undeniable sexiness to it. But, and not to get too personal, as someone who has always struggled with depression and insane anxiety, it hits me on a much deeper level than that. It’s a hopeful, almost spiritual really, song but there’s an undercurrent of sadness lurking just beneath the beats but...within the song at least...that sadness is okay. It feels at peace. It’s going to sound insanely cheesy but listening to this song through headphones is honestly the calmest I’ve felt in...years. Even if just for a few minutes. There’s just something within the song...in its lyrics, the beat....that’s so incredibly soothing. I...honestly needed this I think. The world is so fucked up right now. But ‘Honey’ makes it...if not okay then at least more bearable...even if only for four minutes and fifty four seconds.

Love your words and I agree it has a calmness to it.
It has genuine emotion and soul which is lacking in a lot of Pop music this year for me.

Please...no.

DUGT.gif

Just as I thought when I heard the snippet on Girls this warm sensual pop is exactly what Robyn should sound like nearly a decade later.

She knocked it out of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.