Robyn - Honey | Page 289 | The Popjustice Forum

Robyn - Honey

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 12, 2014.

1. RJF

RJF

I like that her Instagram post about the London dates said it reminded her how much she loves playing in the UK. THEN DO IT MORE HEN.

Kuhleezi, Lander, nooniebao and 17 others like this.
  2. If she doesn’t do (or even dare remove) Love Is Free at Primavera in May, since it’s a condensed one hour show - I will scream with murderous rage.

And don’t you whores @ me with the Rihanna “Well don’t come” tweet.

3. Robyn is such a gem - she also has two gems as nipple decorations. Iconic.

RUNAWAY, Lila and allyshone like this.
  4. I was off to the right hand side, maybe about a third back from the stage. Everything sounded a little soft and squidgy and I struggled to make a lot of the instrumentation out.

5. I just remembered I kind of yelped in the first 'This is hardcore' in 'Indestructible' like my body couldn't quite cope with the emotions I felt.

Kuhleezi, RUNAWAY, Stopremix and 4 others like this.
  6. Other discographies wish to be honest.

Kuhleezi, Lander, RUNAWAY and 13 others like this.
  7. I ended up going both nights and truly the most ecstatic music experience of my life x2. "Love is Free" and "Human Being" (since when is this her saddest song?) were my highlights both nights in addition to the "Dancing On My Own" chorus momenT which I don't think I'll ever forget. Her energy is psycho. Being in that crowd felt like being part of some distant utopian culture you read about. Unreal scenes.

If I had to have a complaint it would be that "Honey" felt a little underserved by its placement near the beginning - like it went off (especially the first night/when I was closer to the front) but it wasn't one of the moments like it could have been if it was nearer the climax.

Honey might be my album of the decade now.

Kuhleezi, RUNAWAY, Stopremix and 9 others like this.
  8. 2018 wants its album of the year back.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 11:17 PM
    Mr Blonde likes this.
  9. ddd put the pipe down sis, Honey dropped in 2018

LTG, Kuhleezi, thefaceofyou and 8 others like this.
  10. Well, I still listen to it in 2019 - RELIGIOUSLY...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 9:54 PM
  11. I am so completely with you. Honey was too early but at the same time it was perfectly placed. A reasonable artist would have had it in the beginning, the middle and as a finale.

Anyway what made me quote this post is that you are so right about Human Being. The “the streets are so cold” part is literally breaking me every single time. What a sad core banger.

Kuhleezi, dylanaber, Lila and 3 others like this.
  12. Help I can't stop watching videos from the concert.

theincredibleflipper and aux like this.
  13. Has anyone heard the acoustic version of Stars-4-Ever on the Record Store Day Body Talk LP release yet?

14. The fact that she casually tossed Honey at the very beginning without any build-up when it's the lead single/overwhelming fan favourite from her current album is honestly quite iconic. It was definitely low-key, but she has the hits to do that and I got my life from the word go, so.

Jacques, Kuhleezi, sesita and 2 others like this.
  15. It's fantastic.

Jacques, neonknives and aux like this.
  16. Share dad

17. Wait, what?? I didn’t know there was a different tracklist. Any other differences?

18. jakeyfw likes this.
  19. Good luck, it was a Record Store Day exclusive.

jakeyfw likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.