Robyn - New Album | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Robyn - New Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, May 4, 2020.

1. Channel's voice over that crunchy thicc synth before transitioning into Robyn's cooing

[​IMG]

2. LTG

LTG

3. cpr

cpr

There's another Club DOMO set on Friday to launch Zhala's new music!

He, aux and sugarcoma like this.
  4. Olof Dreijer, one half of The Knife, did the production on some of the Zhala tracks. So I'm really looking forward to this!

He's the one who produced this one:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2020
    cpr and Stopremix like this.
  5. Did everyone have luck getting the Robyn RSD release? Sadly work prevented me from attending, and missed them online as well. It's a shame she makes her discography nearly impossible to own on vinyl.

Even worse, there's probably a hundred copies on eBay at twice the price.

6. The Karin erasure!

7. aux

aux

I don't even know what the point of this is, but she has uploaded her self-titled to streaming with the original cover art. It looks like this is only available in some territories.

I got really excited when I saw this pop up on her artist page thinking they had added the original version of the album, only to find out they just switched the artwork and re-uploaded the album. This would've been the perfect opportunity for her to at least upload the vinyl version of the album with "Dream On" and "Jack U Off", but oh well. I guess it's nice to finally have the correct artwork on streaming.

[​IMG]

8. I want the RedOne Handle me, sorry.

9. Is the original version (original track order/without With Every Heartbeat etc) available anywhere?

10. Loving her attempt to erase that ugly re-release artwork off the internet.

11. I missed out on RSD self titled and I'm fuming. I'm ready to recklessly spurge on an overpriced resell copy at some point. It would be so nice to have the vinyl trilogy to compete with Honey and Body Talk.

12. Can you imagine if she actually uploaded the original version with Tomteverkstan?

13. aux

aux

As far as I know, it's not available anywhere online. I think that copies of the original Swedish release are not that hard to come by.

I'm not really a fan of the original tracklist, but I am a fan of the original versions of "Bum Like You" and "Robotboy". It's a shame really, because the original versions deserve to be easily accessible. I know that the US version of the album has the superior original version of "Bum Like You", but I don't understand why she doesn't just put them on streaming as standalone singles so they're available on all territories.

[​IMG]

14. The original Robotboy is one of my faves, I turn my old computer on just so I can listen to it sometimes.

TRAVVV, Stopremix and LPT like this.
  15. Can somebody please explain why the photos inside the gatefold appear to be extremely photoshopped and looking nothing like Robyn?!?!?!

16. I have a very vague memory of it not actually being Robyn but can’t remember what the concept was.

17. The original 2005 CD release had a series of images where Robyn’s face had been altered like that. Except for the album cover, obviously.

18. Gotcha! Was wracking my effin brain while hilariously LOLing as I’ve only ever seen the international cover release. TY!

19. Impact really turned into that 11/10 chick I knew she was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.